Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Change USB from 2.0 to 3.0

Is it posible to physically upgrade these ports to 3.0? If possible, how can I make this?

There is no means to upgrade the built-in USB ports.

An alternative means is getting a Thunderbolt dock unit which has USB 3 ports. Frankly, given the expense of the unit you may want to think about getting a newer model if you really need USB 3 ports.

Prices for Thunderbolt docs start at $200 MSRP, but each model has a different collection of ports. You have to think about the features you need, and choose accordingly; for example, someone who needs extra Thunderbolt ports should buy a dock with two, because it allows you to daisychain a second dock. I recently made up a spreadsheet of the models I could find, charting out the prices and ports available on each: TB_Dock_Comparison

It's a shame. Was really expecting to dive in with Kinect V2, but it seems I'll have to workaround it somehow differently. Thanks a lot

PC edition of Kinect v2 is Windows based and uses USB2 (not USB 3) presently. Here's a writeup on it: Kinect v2 comes to the PC on July 15 for $199 so you could use it running under BootCamp now.

In any case if this answer answered your question please remember to rate (score) and mark it accepted.

onir will be eternally grateful.