Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Xbox Powers on and immediately powers off

Has anyone figured out exactly what is causing the problem with Xbox Ones that power on, and immediately power off. The power brick is lit orange which instantaneously turns white once the Xbox is turned on directly from the console, but immediately powers off.

This is a very common problem that Microsoft will not discuss.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

I just had that problem and had to send my One off to the repair center. One of the techs said it could be from a loose socket in the One itself, but that sounded like bs. I have another one that did the same thing and I am going to attempt to see if I can or get someone else to fix the problem.

I just had the same problem but the support center in my country is very bad and they didn't want to repair it or replace it, so i'm looking for a solution, please any good news about this isue thanks in advance!!

Do you have external hardrive. My Xbox would power up for about 5 secs then power right back off. Come to find out I had short in cable going to external hardrive. Replaced it powers on and stays on now.

If system turns on for a second and than off it could possibly be a bad wi-fi card, that would be best case scenario, worst case is Motherboard needs to be replaced. If the system goes into the user interface and than shuts off check to see if your fan is operational and if it is than replace your rf module and front panel.

I have the xbox one s and it barely goes on for a second til it turns itself off again. Ive tried taking the power cable out for ten seconds like the microsoft webpage says but that didnt do anything. Please help

Mine had this problem - try plugging it directly into the wall socket (no extension etc.)

Had this problem.

One of the power cable ports had a bent pin causing it to not contact correctly into the console.

Got a new power cable and transformer and Xbox one is back and working fine,

Sometimes it's the little things.

Maybe it’s the thermal past on the heat sync. When it wears away, the heat is directed to the chip.

Or one of the components on the inside which controls the voltage has blown.

Had this exact problem a year or so ago. I continuously turned it on, but it would just go back off. I ended up sending it to Microsoft and they sent it back a weeks later saying nothing was wrong with it. I plugged it in, tried to turn it on, but still a second of power, then instantly turns back off. I went and bought myself a set of screwdrivers designed to take apart gaming consoles and other things. I opened it up and tinkered with the things and ended up fixing it myself. I don't exactly know what it was, but you could give it a try to fix it yourself.

Here's the security set I used if you're looking to fix it yourself. Link: https://www.newelectronx.com/proddetail....

So my friend had the same problem and he put a hair dryer up to the vents and blew out all the dust and turned it on and it worked

Has any tried changing NCP4204 GAC1328G chip?

Its a heat distribution problem. Most likely the fan and other cooling components on the console are not working. If its not that then its definitely the motherboard/logic board that has an issue. I have though heard it is relatively common for the xbox one s fan to break though...

I just had hat problem and i just took the power cords apart( spearated them from the brick) for about a minute then put them back together and it started working again.

Andre Toney will be eternally grateful.