Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

Xbox Powers on and immediately powers off

Has anyone figured out exactly what is causing the problem with Xbox Ones that power on, and immediately power off. The power brick is lit orange which instantaneously turns white once the Xbox is turned on directly from the console, but immediately powers off.

This is a very common problem that Microsoft will not discuss.

I just had that problem and had to send my One off to the repair center. One of the techs said it could be from a loose socket in the One itself, but that sounded like bs. I have another one that did the same thing and I am going to attempt to see if I can or get someone else to fix the problem.

I just had the same problem but the support center in my country is very bad and they didn't want to repair it or replace it, so i'm looking for a solution, please any good news about this isue thanks in advance!!

If system turns on for a second and than off it could possibly be a bad wi-fi card, that would be best case scenario, worst case is Motherboard needs to be replaced. If the system goes into the user interface and than shuts off check to see if your fan is operational and if it is than replace your rf module and front panel.

I have the xbox one s and it barely goes on for a second til it turns itself off again. Ive tried taking the power cable out for ten seconds like the microsoft webpage says but that didnt do anything. Please help

always a motherboard issue.10% FIX...DISCONNECT everything FROM M BOARD EXCEPT FAN. REMOVE RF BOARD ALSO..POWER ON WITH A WIRED CONTROLLER MAYBE 10 TIMES.IT WILL USUALLY STILL SHUT DOWN...LET IT OFF OVERNIGHT,HOOK EVERYTHING BACK UP AND 1 OUT OF 10 MAYBE WILL WORK AGAIN.iT IS USUALLY THE WATCHDOG CIRCUIT SENSING AN OVERLOAD OR SEMI SHORT SOMEWHERE AND USUALLY A BAD SOUTHBRIGE CHIP OR NEARBY CAPS,RESISTORS OR MOSFET.ANOTHER COMMON ONE IS ANY moisture at all!.Your breath on the board can cause a semi short between the micro traces on either side and actually cause fast on/of or the infamous 3 blinks on /off/shutdown..IVE GOT 25 OF THESE BOARDS AND HAVNT FOUND TIME TO ACTUALLY SWAP CHIPS TO 100& PINPOINT THE BAD COMPONENT OF WHICH I SUSPECT WILL BE COMMON TO MOST.SOUTH BRIGE CHIP IS HARD TO SWAP AND YOU NEED TO DESTROY A GOOD WORKING BOARD TO KNOW IF THE REPLACEMENT IS GOOD

Perhaps it's because of a bad-wifi card. However, in a worst scenario, you need to replace Motherboard. Dont forget to check your fan, module, and front panel.

Some useful tools that I want to share: json formatter, javascript obfuscator

I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you fnaf

Andre Toney will be eternally grateful.