Repair guides and support for many cameras in the Coolpix line by Nikon.

I have to change the LCD of my new Nikon COOLPIX S6000

I've broken the screen of my camera,

I would like to know how to change it and where I can find the new one, even I think this will be a problem because I'm in Laos right now, not planning to return home.

the other problem could be that the camera is really new, I've bought it in Tokyo 3 months ago and maybe is still not available in the other country.

thank you.

cool! let us know how it turns out...

and maybe take some pics, that place is amazing.

Sadly at the Pantip Plaza they cannot fix my LCD. too new.

But i found out where was the Nikon office, it came out was 3 minut from my hostel, I whent there to buy the LCD but they cannot sell me, but could repear it.

for 3000 ฿ = 90$ they change it in 1 hour, i spend a little bit but great!

You;re actually in the right part of the world...Coolpix is made in China, not far away! Nikon also employs about 4000 people just north of Bangkok, making SLR's in a huge factory.

What you have to do is call Nikon Thailand, or go there when you are in Bangkok. They will have a parts department that will sell you the LCD for about $20 to $40 USD. Then you just take out the screws on the case and replace the LCD- no soldering. You might be able to get Nikon to email you a service manual as well. The only tool required is a #00 screwdriver. There's also a huge electronics mall in downtown Bangkok with computer and camera stores, where they have a lot of little repair shops that will replace the LCD on the spot. Having been to Laos, I would say the chances of doing any of this there are slim to none...

good luck

I have to say that the huge electric store have been burned down from the red skirt 3 weeks ago.

anyway I'll call the Nikon hoping to find a place where to buy the new LCD near to me.

thank you for the answer.

MBK is the one that the red shirt protesters burned... Pantip Plaza is the one with hundreds of tehchnology shops:

Pantip Plaza

thank you man, I'm right now in Bangkok, going to the Pantip Plaza for my new LCD!

Mauro Stringo will be eternally grateful.