magsafe powering computer but not charging the battery
After mild liquid (cat pee) damage near the left (charger, USB, headphone jack) side, magsafe light will not come on.
The computer shows the charger icon with no "lightning bolt" and the battery says 0%. It appears to be getting power from the charger, since it has not died even though it's been a couple of months since this happened.
The USB and headphone jack work.
At the genius bar, they opened it but would not fix it once they saw it was gross liquid damage. They did not say where the damage was (or I didn't hear it).
Otherwise the computer works perfectly. Do I need to replace the left I/O board? (the charger works on a different mac). Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Is this a good question?