The third generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note phablet series released September 25, 2013. Identifiable by the model number N9005.

Camera on back takes blurry photos? can it be fixed

The camera on the back of my samsung note 3 always takes blurry photos, I have reset my whole phone and everything, it only started doing this a couple of days ago.. please give me some tips or let me know if I can fix it myself or I have to pay someone to fix it??

i m facing same problem , all was well and suddenly next day my camera became blurry.it can focus nearby objects upto 15 cm beyond that pics are blurry .there is no scratch or anything.i m no more intrested in fuking samsung.....after this type of pics .........i m just waiting it to explode like note........

@atulkumar008 'm experiencing exactly the same.

Most Helpful Answer

Can you see visible marks on the glass that covers the camera? On my galaxy note the glass become marked, it happened quickly and it was almost like someone had dropped some super glue on the glass but I suspect it was that the glass was slightly raised out of the body and was being scuffed when you put the phone on say a table or desk. I was really careful with the phone as it was brand new and so can't think of any other reason. I could have sent it to be repaired but it would have been gone for about a month and I needed the phone.

What I eventually did to fix it was took some car scratch removing cream (cream that removes small scratches from car bodies) and rubbed that on the glass, it took a little while 20min of buffing but the glass slowly cleared and now photos are not blurred at all.

After repairing the broken SIM card base (GALAXY Note GT-N7000) at a local inexperienced shop, the back camera became blurred. After hitting the mobile by my palm, the camera recovered for a week or so. Later, it became blurred again. Despite thst I ordered the guy to re-open it for me ehere I cleaned the lens and the protecting glass with high quality lens cleaner.

Couldn't believe it how clear my camera become after hitting it few times.. Lol . Thanks Zuhairdhuwaib

Hey Jamie, here are some things you can try:

-Make sure camera lens is clean

-Turn on Anti-Shake

-Play around with the auto focus settings

-Hold the camera button (on screen) for a second, let it focus, and then release the button.

-Turn on Sports Mode

-Let me know how it goes

-Hope this helped

pm me. i have discovered the fix just now. same here im using note 3.... https://www.facebook.com/brian.alegre.58

Brian, iam here now. Why do I have to go to Facebook to see your answer? You are using this site. Please just answer here. (I don't have Facebook)

Hello. I would suggest downloading a new camera app, but you did mention this problem only started a few days ago...you can go to or contact your local phone store and they will help you. I hope this helps.

hi all. i was facing the same prblm... believe or not but seriously shook the phone for secs and bluredness of camera .. was gone... god bless india

After panicking all day and then reading thru these posts. I eventually used a nail polish cleaner to wipe my lens. And voilà! !!! My pictures are now brighter and not blurry no more. Thank u all.

this is very helpful. thanks a lot!

Hello all, I have the solution to this problem. I called Samsung and got someone who knew the solution. When taking the picture, HOLD down the 'snap'/'capture' button, until the picture comes in focus, then release the button. SMILES EVERYONE. ☺

Hold 'capture' button until the subject comes in focus, then release the button.

Hi, I hope this works for everyone. I was sold to HOLD the capture (shutter) button and the picture will focus. Hold the capture button until it takes the picture.

This has been the solution for me. They all should be the same.

Mine is S8 and i faced the same problem

Just tap the phone from behind 2-3 times gently

It worked for me

Jamie will be eternally grateful.