The second generation HTC One—dubbed the HTC One (M8)—features a dual flash and the new Sense 6 UI, and was released March 25, 2014.

How do I get the cameras to work again?

I have had this phone for 2 months and both cameras stopped working. I try opening the app and it instantly dies and goes back to the home screen. Also on snapchat the screen shows up black and will not show anything that the lens would be showing.

If there's someone who can help me, my HTC can not take pictures.

I have exactly the same problem on my camera and other apps such as instagram,snapchat,whatsapp every app that uses the camera does not let me take a picture, Someone please help it's stressing me out now I've had this problem for almost a month

I have a solution that worked for me! Go into Settings - Power - Scroll down to the bottom and uncheck Fast boot - Restart Phone.

My sefile is not run. And than dou effect is not work. Now i cant

unchecking fast boot worked for me! yay thanks!

Hi Buddy

My HTC Camera is not working at all, when i tried to open the camera it open and it shows black screen and then after sometime it comes to home scree.

Can you tell me how to rectify this issue.

Rgds

Sameer

Privacy guard... Yeah.. Problem fixed. Thanks :)

I didn't find Privacy guard. Where did you find it? The main camera is not working.

Its worked!! Thank guys.

Bro, I had also this problem. Now it solved

http://www.gogorapid.com/fix-samsung-gal...

try doing a hard restart . please update the phone software ,

please close all other background app and rsetart the system .

for more follow Guide - steps fix to Phone Camera in phone and try to see if this helps to fix the camera

My duo camera stopped working but front camera is still working well please help me .

Hey Jacob, here are some things things that I recommend you try:

-Try to 'clear data' under 'camera' in app manager.

-If you're using Lastpass try and do a factory rest.

- If you are using the Lastpass option "Enable fill into apps" and turn it on in accessibility settings then the camera issue might be there. Maybe if you turn it off camera works fine.

-Let me know what happens.

-Hope this helped

Guys, this is the solution. It worked in my phone.

go to settings then to applications. See which application is using the camera then force stop or disable it. For my case, I forced stop the application called privacy guard and my camera worked perfectly henceforth.

how do you determine with app is running your camera

I turned off phone took battery out blew off any dust put battery back and cover it started to work again

you can't take the back off a htc m8 because you have to take the screen out to get to the back of them

no this does not work. stop making false solutions

When faced with this problem,

1. Review the last apps you downloaded (Settings>Apps>new downloads)

2. Review to see if it uses the camera for any reason

3. If yes, press the Force stop Bottom

4. If 3 above didn't work, you will have to uninstall the app (s)

I did the above and it turned out an app (Swifty) which I recently downloaded, was the cause of the problem.

My HTC M8 is brand new from box but camera not working. I have tried to follow all the instructions here but to no avail. What should I do to this brand new hone?

Phillip

If u installed Security 360 just remove this app and restart your mobile phone.

I found an answer but I can't explain it just yet. I have a program that allows my home screen to rotate. Whenever I enable that program the camera does not work in portrait mode. Just get a black screen. However the camera does work in landscape mode. If I disable that rotate program the camera works in both portrait and landscape mode. Not sure what caused this to happen just yet. I thought I remember it working just fine at first. My guess is something got borked and it will take some cache clearing or something to resolve fully. As for now my work around is just to disable the screen rotation when I want to use the camera.

What i did is i just stopped the camera ihad!!and i don't know if this is a option for you-but i just downloaded another camera and it's working nicely! Hopefully so can you!!!!----sue

I downloaded a new camera but its

still not working

I just opened the back on my phone and fiddled and cleaned it a bit where the connection is, when I rebooted it worked again...

I had the same issue even after factory reset. Then I upgraded my software to marshmallow....

The camera is now properly working

SUCCESS!!! first of all thank you for all the suggested solutions. What worked for me? Someone suggested that we should find the apps that use the camera and disable them and VIOLA!!!! that worked for me.

go to settings

then apps

click on each app and scroll to the bottom of each app (each one has to be done individually)

under permissions if the camera is listed you scroll back up and disable the app.

i did not disable messenger though

I VE GOT MY CAMERA BACK!

THANK AGAIN!!!!! HOORAY!

***UPDATE*** I got my camera back for a while, it broke again. I'm tired of trying to fix this. I have had no camera for a while now

I don't have no front camera every time I go to the camera and pick the little square box I don't see the selfie sign.

My camera won't work the message" camera has unexpectedly stopped " shows up did all the above and a factory reset and still doesn't work

I had a lot of problems with my htc...

I'm disappointed....

And also my camera doesn't work

My HTC Desire 530 front facing camera has also stopped working...did all the above...no help...very frustrating ..can someone please help all of us ? HTC peeps?

سلام مهسا ، مشکلت رو تو تلگرام بگو راهنماییت کنم

@HaCKeR071

Hi

Duo camera is blocked problem after replace camera , plz help me ,

Has anyone contacted HTC and has their phone fixed? I've had my HTC One M9 for 3 days and this has just happened to me.

Jacob FUEHRER will be eternally grateful.