Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Why can't I turn my phone off

why can't i turn my phone off. I have a iphone 4s. Also the phone is warm

Most Helpful Answer

Try this if you hold down the power button and the home button at the same time that will make your iPhone reset. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time while your iPhone is on and keep holding it until the Apple logo appears then release all of the buttons. My friends dads iPhone had the same problem and this fix worked. Don't worry you won't lose any data from performing this reset.

Instant fix for my iPhone 4S. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Thanks it really works !! Seem like my iphone have such problem like .. While I didn't play anything like just on instagram then suddenly it stuck .. Why is it happen anyway ?

If you reset your phone maybe you can turn it off i tried it works

Bit more info would help if you want a more accurate answer..

Was it dropped

Is the screen froze

Did something happen

My iPhone 4s won't turn off also. I replaced the battery (from reputable company) . Fully charged phone, reset everything (as it was previously my daughters phone). Now I cannot turn off the phone. If I hold home & power buttons until the logo appears, it will turn off and then a few seconds later the apple id reappears. The battery will charge fully, but it will also discharge quickly. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful. Thank you!

Maybe there is a short in the iPhone charging port. Clean iPhone charging port very well with toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol.

Really..??! Is that possible ..? My iPhone was charging and I pulled the charger using my feet.. Sounds weird but I'm sleeping and to lazy to wake up then as I pulled the charger from my iPhone it suddenly off and charging sign stayed and blinking on the screen. Can't charge and I brought it to a shop and they changed the battery and now the problem is I can't switch off my phone. It only locked of its own after a second. Why ..? Any help with this..?

If you can't turn your phone off try going to settings and restarting your phone. My brother had the same problem and when he did it worked

eddie will be eternally grateful.