0

hannahbireland
1

Left Fan 000 rpm - disconnected or broken?

I installed CoreDuoTemp and learned that my MacBook is running at 80C with only a web browser running.

I then installed smcFanControl and saw that my left fan is running at 000 rpm. I'm assuming I have to open the machine to tell if it's disconnected or if I need to replace the whole thing? Is there any way to run a diagnostic before opening?

(The right fan is now set to run at a faster rpm and it's taking the temp down a bit)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by: mayer ( )

1

markus weiher

I think that the only way to make a real chekc is to open the MacBook

here is the guide for the left fan

maybe you could feel the airflow on the back of the computer (in this case - the missing air flow on the left side) - but the only real way is to open it

It's quite easy to see the fans running and open the topcase without disconnecting it. You only have to tilt it a little to see wether the fans are running or not.

remacberlin,

Thank you. I'm running the right fan at a higher rate now to compensate as a temporary fix. It seems that the reserve battery is also dead. Could there be any correlation?

hannahbireland,