Parts & Tools

Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

What do I check if my Sansui TV Model SLED2490 will not turn on?

A friend of mine gave me a Sansui TV after a power surge caused the tv to stop powering up. I immediately thought there would be an inline fuse i can replace, however i cannot seem to locate one! There is a small maroon box with T4AL240v written on it, but I cannot locate that fuse(if it is a fuse?) anywhere! All the capacitors look good and there is no place on the cord for an inline fuse. If anyone has any insight to what I can do, I'd love to hear it! Thanks in advance!

Hi all our power went off then when it came back on our sansui tv screen is black with Android in the screen how do I get it back to normal TV please seems to be stuck on android

Jamie Jackson, yes that is the fuse. It is a 4 Amp slow-blow fuse

I would think that a 400 series TE5 from Littelfuse would work. Hope this helps, good luck.

To save other customers from my frustrations and because customer service hasn't been able to figure this out so far i figured I'd share this information. The most common problem that I've researched and experienced with your tv's is that when they get unplugged, the wont turn on, just stay in standby. The only answers I've seen you people give online is that some part must have gone bad. A part was manufactured badly. I can not begin to explain why your tv's do this because I'm not a tv expert. But the solution to this problem is ridiculously simple and if you would tell your customers, though they'll still be frustrated, they won't trash their tv and go get a different tv. When this situation happens, simply unplugging your tv for about five or six hours (preferably a night) the tv will then turn back on. Three times this has happened to me with the same tv. If you don't believe me, try it. Give your customers this information and i suggest you find the manufacturing error that causes this and fix it.

You da man... Thanks.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Erin, you are ABSOLUTELY fantastic and correct. I took it apart and seeking for a fuse but to no avail, nothing. Then after a couple days turn it back on and WOW it works. Then forgot all about the process and went to vacuum my room and unplug it again and was !#^&@@, because I shouldn't have touch it. So now I'm waiting a few hours to go thru this process again. Thanks for the insight.

Did it ever come back on? Mine won't and I unplugged it for days

Jamie Jackson will be eternally grateful.