Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

What do I check if my Sansui TV Model SLED2490 will not turn on?

A friend of mine gave me a Sansui TV after a power surge caused the tv to stop powering up. I immediately thought there would be an inline fuse i can replace, however i cannot seem to locate one! There is a small maroon box with T4AL240v written on it, but I cannot locate that fuse(if it is a fuse?) anywhere! All the capacitors look good and there is no place on the cord for an inline fuse. If anyone has any insight to what I can do, I'd love to hear it! Thanks in advance!

Jamie Jackson, yes that is the fuse. It is a 4 Amp slow-blow fuse

I would think that a 400 series TE5 from Littelfuse would work. Hope this helps, good luck.

To save other customers from my frustrations and because customer service hasn't been able to figure this out so far i figured I'd share this information. The most common problem that I've researched and experienced with your tv's is that when they get unplugged, the wont turn on, just stay in standby. The only answers I've seen you people give online is that some part must have gone bad. A part was manufactured badly. I can not begin to explain why your tv's do this because I'm not a tv expert. But the solution to this problem is ridiculously simple and if you would tell your customers, though they'll still be frustrated, they won't trash their tv and go get a different tv. When this situation happens, simply unplugging your tv for about five or six hours (preferably a night) the tv will then turn back on. Three times this has happened to me with the same tv. If you don't believe me, try it. Give your customers this information and i suggest you find the manufacturing error that causes this and fix it.

You da man... Thanks.

Indicator is on but not working

udayaholla793 what indicator? Solid on or blinking? what have you checked? What mode? What makes? Sound? Anything?

I have also had this problem after unplugging my Sansui TV I find that leaving it plugged in after you have unplugged it for a timely fashion from 2 to 4 hours leave it plugged in for sometimes up to three days after it turns on you can turn it on or off with no problems whatsoever until you unplug it then you must repeat this waiting process which is very annoying and very frustrating but I got the TV for free so I can't say much except for I really wish I wouldn't have unplugged it to switch where my TV was plugged in

Try pressing and holding the TV's power button for about 30 seconds then releasing it, (or just switching on the TV power switch then off after 30 seconds, depending on model) with the cord unplugged, then plug it back in and try it. See if this speeds up the process.

Jamie Jackson will be eternally grateful.