The HP LaserJet 1160/1320 is a black and white laser printer made by HP under 2 different model numbers. The only difference is that LaserJet 1320 has a duplexer and networking options while the 1160 does not.

Why is HP Laserjet 1320 printing blank papers nonstop?

My printer keeps on printing blank papers non stop once it's connected to power. This even happens when the printer is not being sent a job and the cartridge is not installed in the printer.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Most Helpful Answer

Try clearing your printer que on your computer.

It sounds like a driver issue. The HP UPD very often works as a replacement driver in more cases then it doesn't. Sometimes this is already part of the drivers included with Windows, but this isn't always the case. I would suggest downloading it and having it handy, just in case it isn't part of your Windows installation.

If you need to see how to install the driver, here's a guide on how to do it. You will need to install the printer manually, since it sounds like Windows thinks the best driver is the one that doesn't work. The link to the driver is in the guide.

Your printer is new enough to ship with the PCL6 personality, so chances are good the printer will accept the PCL6 driver. If you have problems using PCL6 with this printer, use the PCL5 driver.

Hi

Is the printer connected to a USB hub between the printer and the computer?

If it is, I suggest plugging the printer directly into the USB port to see if anything changes.

You might also try a different USB port.

Are you having any trouble with other USB devices?

I know you've stated you've tried the HP driver.

Just to make sure, here's a link to the 64bit drivers for that model that the Windows 7 Compatibility Center states is required for operation:

I have to disagree with your answer, Kelly. My suggestion to use the HP UPD bypasses the Windows Compatibility Center nonsense with a very good chunk of LaserJets. My 1012 "is not compatible with Windows 7", yet I can work around it like it's child's play anyway. The Windows Compatibility Center is a joke when it comes to many Laser printers other then HP, too. I will say many reports with Inkjets tend to prove true there but not so much with a laser printer.

However, because this answer isn't technically incorrect but it's ignoring the HP UPD I'm not going to downvote it. You do bring up a valid point but as a advanced user I have to disagree but I don't think that warrants a downvote.

Why is the machine not responding to self test

at first my hp laserjet 1320 was printing but now it print blank pls help me to slove the problem

alaafathi141 will be eternally grateful.