Battery adhesive removal failure

I have tried to use ifixit guide to replace battery in my iPhone 5s.

When I got to steps to remove adhesive tape, unfortunately the tape tabs just went off (just tore off) without removing adhesive from underneath the battery.

These are steps 21-25 here: iPhone 5s Battery Replacement

How can I still remove the old battery?

Most Helpful Answer

Heat up the rear of the iPhone were the battery is situated the aluminum part..

Now pry the battery up with a metal pry tool only pry on the volume keys side not on the motherboard side..

Pry in the middle and bottom side of battery as there is flex cables under the battery at the top of it.. The battery will bend as the adesive is really tuff but saying as your changing the Battery this doesn't matter

when the adhesive strips are broken , you can try using fishing line to remove the adhesive from under the battery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkCyl7kR...

also this method using steel wire seems even better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5GzU11q...

Don't heat up adhesive tabs used to hold down batteries of iPhone 5s, 6 Etc. These are command strips from 3m and become brittle when heated. If you break them off gently pry up on battery using plastic pry tool or isesamo. Be extremely careful not to puncture battery. I get the battery up enough to use curved tweezers and grab a hold of that command strip and pull directly away from itself.

andrewborodenko will be eternally grateful.