The Asus F6A-X2 is a member of the F6 series of notebooks and runs on Windows Vista.

Why is there no sound coming from my laptop?

When I bought my laptop, it had wonderful sound, but after using it for a while, the sound stopped working. What happened, and how do I fix it?

I had this problem and went thru all the answers online... then I went into control panel, sounds... and found the sound was turned off for Chrome... turned it back on and solved the problem... I think an update turned it off because it had been working properly before I updated on Windows 8

thanks vergo . it worked for me

for driver and support visit asus https://goo.gl/a5YmEg and see if that helps you to fix the sound

thinks it was very helpful . i almost fixed the sound issue but its little low as it was before i think i have to some adjustment in sound settings

Are you talking about Chrome settings or Control Panel? My Control Panel thinks the sound is fine, but I hear nothing. I find no sound settings in Chrome. Volume is up, everything on. Hear nothing. I think Asus is a problem...

If sound has stopped working there are few tips you can try.

At first, Make sure that Audio Devices are enabled on your Windows 8 PC. You will have to go through volume icon beside notification area on taskbar and right click on the icon. Further Click on Playback Devices and enable through properties menu box.

If issue is fixed then it is OK, otherwise Update Audio Device Drivers.

If you have set auto install for Windows update on your windows 8 PC the drivers will be updated automatically. After setting never check for updates your Windows couldn't install the updates coming from Microsoft. In this situation go to Device manager and update the Device driver manually thanks

i dont have playback devices i dont know why maybe the internal speakers are broken :,(

it started with crackling and the i tried to fix it but it got worse then now it has no sound whatsoever

Just uninstall your audio driver and install it again.

What about windows 10???

It's a very similar procedure.

update the sound driver that will help before changing the motherboard . remove all older version of software and download the sound driver from here https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/... and see if this works nd get the problem fixed

thanks a ton.. it was very helpful and i got it fixed

great it works .. thanks

i had to uninstall the driver and load it again . I removed many programs also . I guess driver was corrupted . thanks a lot

Kevin Yang, check in your device manager and verify the status of your audio device. Reinstall your driver and see what you get then. Also, attach some external speakers and see if you still have sound.

How do i do that?

hello friends

i got it fixed and just for some simple steps i would like to share with you -

first no need to rush and uninstall anything just make sure sound settings and playback device in your sound manager is on and working . you can check the volume also

than go to the sound driver from your device manager and update the sound driver ad restart the computer

if this did not work follow this post STEPS TO FIX SOUND ON LAPTOP after all the setting please restart and comment below for any other steps

thanks

we know, how could it be frustrating, when sound is not working on asus laptop. so here i am going to share some information to troubleshoot Sound problem on asus laptop .

before you will go for any further options, first you need to make sure, you have not muted the volume. because most of the time, we are facing sound problem , only because of sound is muted,

if you have not muted the sound, then you should try to uninstall the sound driver and install latest sound driver into your computer. hope this will start working fine.

If you do not hear sound coming from the laptop, first check if the sound is muted or set to low on the laptop and application. If this is not the case, your speakers may be blown out. Check the troubleshooting page for more details.

Here are some methods to fix the audio problem in your laptop.

http://www.ithemesforests.com/how-to-fix...

Kevin Yang will be eternally grateful.