iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

trying to restore but itunes says enter passcode

Hi, my iPhone was disabled from too many password attempts, now as I try to restore it, iTunes says to enter passcode but on my phone it will only go to emergency call screen and won't allow me to enter my passcode. I'm not sure how to get this to work.

Did you ever get a fix to the problem with recovery telling you that a password was needed?

by RLG

This happened to me with an iPhone 6 iOS 8.1 I have no idea what to do. I'm pretty sure I have tried everything also I have only had the phone a little over a week :(

by Kaitlyn Rea

um we need help not uh i have it i dont know what to do im stupid if your going to help help but if your not then shutup

by Maddog023

HI it should work , press hold the home button and power button same time when it shows connect to ITUNES then connect restore to your backup(if you have backup) mean while you authorize the phone when it is restoring then it will go to your restore point. if you do not have restore go to factory settings. Try and update recently I have done successfully

by Harikiran Mitnala

i need my iphone 4s on lockrightnow

by reggie

Most Helpful Answer

To avoid the passcode lock, you must hard reset your iPhone by holding down the lock button and the home button down simultaneously until the iPhone turns off.

Press and hold the home button while the iPhone is off and plug it into your Mac while still holding the home button down. The iPhone will turn on by itself when it is plugged it, but because you are holding the home button down, it will boot up in Recovery Mode.

iTunes will say "iTunes has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode. You must restore it." It is now okay to release the home button.

Procede to restore your iPhone to factory settings, and then you may select a backup to restore it to after it has been erased.

Hope this helps! It's been a while since I've done it. Let me know if you need clarification on the steps. :)

it didnt help it just said iphone is disabled connect to itunes but when i try it does it every time

by bethanyelliott55

Doesn't work when iPhone is disabled and says connect to iTunes

by me

What do I do it's not working my parents will kill me if they found out

by kylewilliamson2004

it at first now my phone won't shut totally off or on it has iTunes and cord emblems

by Lisa Burton

My lock button doesn't work please help?!

by Ria

I was having this same problem listen to these instructions step by step.

Have your phone plugged in with iTunes.

Turn your phone off.

When it is off, hold the lockscreen, while holding that wait til the logo shows up, then continue holding that and hold the home button. When the apple logo dissapears, let go of the lock screen, and wait 10 seconds while still holding the home screen, then follow the prompt on iTunes. And boom, factory settings. Took me a while to figure out, I had to pull some old knowledge about jailbreaking to figure it out. Don't worry it is completely safe, I was having the same problems as you guys. This will work :)

That actually worked!

by Jamika Robertson

But my lock button doesn't work

by me

If it is not the lock code, maybe it is the iPhone backup password. Have you set such an encryption on your backup while you sync your iPhone to iTunes? If so, try the backup password.

However, if it won't let you enter passcode, you can use a toll called Tenorshare ReiBootto put your iPhone into then out of recovery mode. This may fix the stuck screen.

Note: Don't hard reset your iPhone because it will erase all iPhone data and settings.

The "Hard Reset" on the iPhone will not erase anything. I have done it many times. Please view this page about restarting your iPhone.

by TommyJames337

When I try those steps of recovering iphone, while it recovers, it turns back on and keeps telling me - I need to put in a password, but its disabled, i cant! What should I do? Using iphone 4s, ios 7 latest version

same thing is happening to me while recovering iphone, while recovering it turns back on and tells me I need to enter a password.

by RLG

i forgot also my passcode and i am using my brothers apple id and he can't remember the password. everytime I try to hard reset it keep on saying that the photo cannot be imported because the iphone is disabled. PLEASE HELP. when i try to reset it after pressing RESTORE and UPDATE, something will pop-up that says IPHONE SOFTWARE UPDATE then next THEN AGREE or DECLINE then when it's 17minutes remaining my iphone wil going to open then asking for apple id password and there's a pop-up of "the photo cannot be imported because your iphone is disabled" :( please helpppp THANKS!

by tadee

Hi I also face same problem that , IPhone disabled. I try usual procedure holding home button and connect to iTunes 3 or 4 time to restore iPhone. It fails and says connect to ITUNES and iPhone disabled . Then I try with option when restoring I authorize the phone to the account then it automatically reset and unlocked to factory settings... Please try authorize the device to the particular account and check you may reset... Any IOS it works Thanks and Regards, Hari

by Harikiran Mitnala

I don't have a passcode on my iphone, still when I go to setting, general and reset all settings, it asks for a passcode, while I don't have it at all, and it isn't synchronized with itunes

I don't know what is the problem!

i have a question for you i have just done a new passcode but still will not let me rest the phone it is saying it is the wrong passcode how do i get a passcode to rest it when i have forgot it

can anyone email me cazlvzyou@hotmail.co.uk

by caroline

If you forgot your iTunes backup password, you can try to use iPhone Backup Unlocker to recover iPhone backup passord. More info:http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/...

Oh,you can ignore the backup, try to restore from iPhone memory directly! Know how to do it here:http://www.tenorshare.com/iphone-data/ho...

I reset my password on my iphone now it wont let me log on , what can I do to get logged in

Hi. Do you mean the iTunes backup password? If yes I know a good way to unlock it. Just follow the steps below please:

1. Download and install iPhone Backup Unlocker on the Windows computer where you backed up your iPhone.

2. Run iPhone Backup Unlocker. Click Add and then the locked iPhone backup to import the backup.

3. Select one suitable attack type and click "Start" to recover the password of your iPhone backup.

4. Within minutes, the password of your iPhone backup will be displayed. Then you need to tap on Add and then Enter button near the targeted backup.

5. Type the password you recovered just now in following box and click Decrypt to remove password from encrypted iPhone backup.

I am trying to reset my phone also. I woke up this morning and the language is in Russian and my passcode won't work. I try to reset in iTunes, but it says I need to enter passcode before it will reset.

I'm trying to get pics off my iphone 5s that the password was enter too many times now and is disabled it was never backed up on icloud or iTunes. the screen only lets me dail 911 cant get into where my password goes am I screwed for getting pics back

I forgot my password on icloud and i want to restore my whole phone and delete everything. It keeps asking me for the password and I'm getting really angry. I tried calling which got me no where because they were no help at all! I was on the phone with Apple for a good hour fighting this down and kept getting all the wrong anwsers and even more confused. I just want to restore my iphone 4s Ios 7.1.2. Without a password , I've tried what seems to be everything!!!

Hi I also face same problem that , IPhone disabled. I try usual procedure holding home button and connect to iTunes 3 or 4 time to restore iPhone. It fails and says connect to ITUNES and iPhone disabled . Then I try with option when restoring I authorize the phone to the account then it automatically reset and unlocked to factory settings...

Please try authorize the device to the particular account and check you may reset...

Any IOS it works

Thanks and Regards,

Hari

My phone is frozen and will not let me enter my password. How can I get in?

Kristie will be eternally grateful.