Modem Firmware Blank And No IMEI.

Hello Everybody in this great place. Please I am in serious need of your help, iPhone 5 was working in good condition before the mystery. It does not fall to the ground, the phone just went to stuck on searching where the network bar is. Things that I had done to help myself... I have set the time and date to the accurate, i have remove the battery to re-clip, adjust the time and date to correct one, i have reset the network setting on the iphone5 menu but searching still but the sad thing for me now is that the phone shows BLANK Modem Firmware and shows no IMEI at all, I am so much afraid to restore this phone on iTunes because i would not want the phone baseband Chip to damage because i cannot get the babaseband to replace here...

please I need advices about what steps should be taking or what i have to do to make my friends iphone5 work again with Sim network function.

Thanks in advance.

Did you get your problem fixed?

Hello teacher . 1 iPhone 5 baseband I'm the problem, and with Ryval the phone has been turned off.

Knyd.mmnvn's help

I hope the baseband itself is not damaged as well because replacing the baseband chip is a lot harder than it already sounds. Not just the component sourcing and hardware repair procedure, the system main storage has to be reprogrammed as well to pair the baseband IMEI with serial number. It is very difficult and future upgrade may fail.

Usually it's just a power issue, the baseband power supply part is damaged. Find the broken part, replace a capacitor or inductor, or baseband PMU at most.

thanks for your reply, i don't know whats wrong but i wrote a bigger message here early in the morning totally but it disappeared i cant understand why, i am new person here and i am new to hardware repairs most especially apple but i gather info from internet since i come from where there is no apple care center...

i have not even touched the iphone5 since morning because an expert engineer promised to help out with it but its sad for me he failed and now i am on my own on this phone and i dont want to do anything stupid, i dont know the terms you used and i so confused right now because the phone in question still show the bluetooth addres and wifi address correctly but the IMEI doesnt show and the modem firmware is BLANk...

pls help with maybe picture or schematic or something that can put me on the right vivid lane on this iphone issue because thinking about how it all happened gives me headache. your further help would be appreciated... if you skype my id is oluromeo... please reply.

Sorry i don't have repair data for iPhone 5. Maybe you can find a technician online and mail your phone to them.

Thanks for you reply, can you recommend an online technician or any link you can trust will be appreciated... thanks again.

Thanks. Very helpful :)

where the power supply part can you send a photo for th coils or capacitor and how i know the input for this ic ???for iphone 5s

i have the same problem. it happened 3 days ago. i've done everything. reset, upgrade, sim in sim out, all the thing that i can possibly do by my self...

finally i went to apple service centre. they said it is about a hardware issue. they should change one part of the chip in the firmware. it costs 120 USD to fix it. and my iphone has to stay there for 2 days...

so in my experience theres nothing to do except ask someone to replace the chip.

i have iphone 5 with ios 8.3.

Thanks.

Lisa

Were they able to repair the phone for $120?

Even I have the same issue. I'm using iPhone 5s, my IMEi no is missing and model firmware is empty and network is searching. I tried reset all setting but now I don't have itunes option in my screen and even network is not available. Kindly give me any suggestion. It will be very much helpful...

I can fix your issue, please email me to info@portokalli.al wee can fix this problem and icloud issue in all apple devices.

Hi brO Can yOu tXt me oN KiK, whaTs aPp or gmail i wanT tO rePair mY iPhoNe bcoZ i've aLso the saMe iSsue...! plz txt me...!

KiK:- hunterkhan25

Whats App:- 03460377577

imo:- 03460377577

Gmail:- hunterkhan25@gmail.com

Facebook:- www.facebook.com/scorpionstar25

Hey there!

Help me Solve the issue, im having issue related to -1 error which is the baseband issue i guess.

Shoot me an e-mail at:

omairkhan63@gmail.com

I also had the same problem..

Please text me.

Gmail: mohdshafuan8787@gmal.com

WhatsApp: 0177654218

FB: mohd shafuan osman

Did you fix the error, I have the same issue ..:(

Same issue here... any baseband ic changes? reflows? successes???

Same issue 5c believed to be water damage and had a drop, looked at a few articles that turned out to be spoofs, from what I gather it could be a problem with a capacitor for a memory chip which is stupidly hard to track down and even harder to fix as it may require replacing 3 chips in a delicate position on the board,

i thing ic baseband issu, and till now i'm never found technician was change the ic :(

Hi have some solution pls erase all content and setting of iphone it will work I have same problem I do that i hope it will work for you also....

Hello, its really work? Because when i check my serial number the activation lock is on, i thought the previous owner report the fone, im lit bit confuse of this..thats enough to make stress..

I'm in this case ! The only thing to do is Change the Motherboard INFORTUNATELY !!

i did fit it just open it and heat it up like the 4s no wifi solution and it will show imei back dont know how long it will show but it worked for me

How to restore IMEI iphone 5

Prepaer

I have iPhone 5s there is in activation mode but there not showing imei

Please sugges a good answer

Same issues

I have the same problem with iPhone 5s here where i did all the reset. When activating the device with the correct Apple ID and password, it stated the activation server is unavailable to activate, please try again later....these has been over and over again.. so frustrated. Any idea?

I believe that iphone model was expensive, and bad in quality. Don't use that product again

Oluromeo will be eternally grateful.