2

Alex George
25

The display and keyboard came apart

My Droid fell and the display and keyboard came apart. It is working since the cable is still attached. How do I fix this? Please let me know.

Edited by: Taylor Arnicar ( ) , Miroslav Djuric ( )

3

Miroslav Djuric

We have a full set of Droid repair guides that you can use to fix your problem. I'm not sure what exactly broke on your Droid, but you can use the guides to help you reassemble it.

you're right, the step-by-step guides are there - NOW - but not on may 19 ;-)

markus weiher,

Definitely true. I added my answer so that other people who find this question via search realize we have a full set of guides, not just a teardown. I didn't mean to undermine your original answer back from May :)

Miroslav Djuric,

4

markus weiher

maybe you could use the droid teardown to get the pieces back together.

0

Morris Levy
181

Suggestion:

Live with it. I tried and tore the ribbon cable. It's extremely fragile and the pins must have came out, because first attempt, sound, LED notification light worked, but no screen.

The slider is screwed in at really strange places, totally killed my Droid 1 trying to repair. Unit is now bent and would not turn on, no LED (main screen).

I'd be happy to send individual parts and unit out to anyone who wants it -- minus shipping and handling fees.