intermittent touch fail after replacement

After replacing the cracked screen on an iphone 5 and on a 5C....sometimes the touch is unresponsive. If I click the sleep/wake button it will begin working again....

Most Helpful Answer

Faulty screen is your problem had the same issue and a new screen solved the issue

Not sure what the heating up of motherboard and cables do but I would not be trying that unless you want a completely broken iphone

Heat up the motherboard where you connect the new screen with a heatgun on low settings for about 10 seconds at a distance of 8 - 10 inches. After that, heat the ribbons on the screen replacement. This worked for me on a customers 5C!

Joedi will be eternally grateful.