The first 8 inch Android tablet by Samsung.

Screen locked and facory reset not working?

I purchased a galaxy tab off someone on craigslist and when i turn the device on it pulls up a screen lock with pin code and now i can not get ahold of the person that i bought it from (facepalm i know). I tried to follow the factory reset and when i power it on and hold down the volume up it just sends me to the home screen instead of the menu. Any other advice?

Question for ya brother, did you first power off the device and turn it on by holding the volume up and power button at the same time, and then press the two again once the samsung logo appears?

~Gadget~

Hey gadget, so i turned it off, turned it on by holding both, released both and than pressed them again and its still just taking me to the screen

I got to settings-backup and reset- Factory data reset- Erase everything. Then mobile switched off and then it boot up. No reset did, only reboot. I want to solve this problem.

hey gadget.....i have a problem with my huawei y511-T00, when i turn the device on it shows me a screen where the only words i can read is google..apart from that everything is in chinese and the only available button available reboots the phone.......when i try factory reset it says boardtest fail and when i try to hard reset it using power and both volume buttons...it says mount/

data error.please help me....:(

the hard set isnt working for me just turs back on what should i do next

I would also try and hold the Power button, the UP volume button, and the Home button to power the device on. You won't have to hold the buttons once you see the Samsung logo screen and it should take you to the menu to do a hard reset.

Once you get to the next point remember you will use the volume buttons to select the data reset and the button above to press enter, then select yes to reset the device and you should be able to restart it from there if it doesn't do it automatically.

This process will take several minutes and will stay on the Samsung logo screen so do not be alarmed. Afterwards you will be able to reconfigure the device from there.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll continue to search for an answer.

~Gadget~

Power+VolumeUp+Home worked for me. Most sites recommend just power+VUp. Adding the Home button solved my problem. Thanks!

i've done pressing vol + power and + home ; i've done factory reset and clearing the cache... then when i click reboot now... My Samsung Phone still keeps on restarting. It is still stuck on the samsung logo

It did not work for me

it only display white screen for my phone

how to reset shv 210l..its not working hard reset

Check out the working video for hard-reset of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Hard Reset Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Phone can be unlocked using different Hard reset steps

1- Simple hard reset

2- Hard reset through key combination

3- Mulch-tool

4- Command Prompt

Diiferent methods of Hard Reset

You can hard reset your device or enter into recovery mode for resetting with the help of ADB and Fastboot commands.

ADB and Fastboot link - ADB and Fastboot installation

Hi im so confused and worried of my vivo y85 when i turn off it, theres a sound after its like a grounded sound you know its like a sound of when an object is hot and you will put it on water its something like that sound..is it normal of vivo if you turn it off?ive been thinking that maybe its a sound from the speaker..please who can help me to answer this..im worried coz its new

You can try to hold the power and volume down buttons

I follow the steps on how to reset my phone but when I turn on, it was stuck on the sumsung logo. What should I do?

Are you able to enter and exit the recovery menu using these steps?

1. If your device is on, turn it off.
  2. Press & hold the Volume down button. While holding Volume down, press & hold the Power button until the device turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow next to it.
  3. Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Recovery mode."
  4. Press the Power button to start the recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
  5. Press & hold the Power button. While holding Power, press the Volume up button once. Then release Power.
  6. Press the Volume down button until you highlight "Reboot system now" and then press the Power button to select it.

If you are able to complete these steps your device might boot up properly. If you can complete these steps but your phone still will not pass the lock screen, you might have to entertain the idea of doing a factory reset from the recovery menu. The steps are the same as above except you would select "wipe data factory reset" at step 6.

John will be eternally grateful.