Screen locked and facory reset not working?

I purchased a galaxy tab off someone on craigslist and when i turn the device on it pulls up a screen lock with pin code and now i can not get ahold of the person that i bought it from (facepalm i know). I tried to follow the factory reset and when i power it on and hold down the volume up it just sends me to the home screen instead of the menu. Any other advice?

Question for ya brother, did you first power off the device and turn it on by holding the volume up and power button at the same time, and then press the two again once the samsung logo appears?

~Gadget~

Hey gadget, so i turned it off, turned it on by holding both, released both and than pressed them again and its still just taking me to the screen

I got to settings-backup and reset- Factory data reset- Erase everything. Then mobile switched off and then it boot up. No reset did, only reboot. I want to solve this problem.

hey gadget.....i have a problem with my huawei y511-T00, when i turn the device on it shows me a screen where the only words i can read is google..apart from that everything is in chinese and the only available button available reboots the phone.......when i try factory reset it says boardtest fail and when i try to hard reset it using power and both volume buttons...it says mount/

data error.please help me....:(

the hard set isnt working for me just turs back on what should i do next

I would also try and hold the Power button, the UP volume button, and the Home button to power the device on. You won't have to hold the buttons once you see the Samsung logo screen and it should take you to the menu to do a hard reset.

Once you get to the next point remember you will use the volume buttons to select the data reset and the button above to press enter, then select yes to reset the device and you should be able to restart it from there if it doesn't do it automatically.

This process will take several minutes and will stay on the Samsung logo screen so do not be alarmed. Afterwards you will be able to reconfigure the device from there.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll continue to search for an answer.

~Gadget~

Power+VolumeUp+Home worked for me. Most sites recommend just power+VUp. Adding the Home button solved my problem. Thanks!

i've done pressing vol + power and + home ; i've done factory reset and clearing the cache... then when i click reboot now... My Samsung Phone still keeps on restarting. It is still stuck on the samsung logo

It did not work for me

it only display white screen for my phone

how to reset shv 210l..its not working hard reset

Check out the working video for hard-reset of Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Hard Reset Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Phone can be unlocked using different Hard reset steps

1- Simple hard reset

2- Hard reset through key combination

3- Mulch-tool

4- Command Prompt

Diiferent methods of Hard Reset

Download Android Multi Tools from this link

Extract the contents in C drive or any other drive and rename the folder to Android

Connect your device which should be switched on

Double click on Android Multi Tools v1.02b gsmforum.exe within the Android folder

On the new window that opens, type 1 and hit enter. It should show you phone as list of devices attached. Now type 6 and enter and the phone should reboot. If it does reboot then you can continue with the follwing steps. If the phone does not reboot, then the phone might not have been detected by the PC.

Press "Windows-X" on your keyboard to open the Power User menu, and select "Command Prompt (Admin)"

Navigate to the renamed folder i.e. Android using DOS commands (ex: if you have extracted the contents into Android folder in C drive, type cd\ and press enter; now type cd android and press enter)

Now type dir and you should be able to see adb.exe on the third row.

Make sure your phone is connected to PC and powered on and now type adb reboot recovery and hit enter.

The phone should reboot into recovery mode.

Now you can follow steps listed here http://www.howtogeek.com/130611/how-to-f...

Sir my vivo v5s phone is locked with screen pin lock and I tried to wipe data with hard key reset but it again asking for pin to proceed further. I forgot security question how can I unlock my phone or reset as new phone.

John will be eternally grateful.