iPhone 5

iPhone wont turn on after disconnected battery

So my 64GB iPhone 5 didn't want to charge so I replaced the dock connector. My phone was on the whole time because I have no way to turn it off. None of the buttons worked. Anyways while I was doing it the video told me to disconnect the battery. I did and then my screen shut off. I reconnected it and tried turning it on. Nothing. Tried Wall adapter, iTunes, hard reset, cleaning port, reconnecting it, charged it all night, tried a new battery and none of them worked :( Did I just ruin my phone from disconnecting the battery while it is on? :( please help

Most Helpful Answer

You should have turned on assistive touch and turned it off that way..

It's possible you shorted sumthing. How did u try and turn it on if no buttons work?

If new charger worked it should have turned screen on.

Normally when I plugged it in it would turn on. Even the faulty port turned the phone on when plugged in. I think I did short something out but what would it be and is there anything I could try to check if I ruined something

by Applesucks

Can you try the old dock see if that turns it on?

by con

I realize it was on but it shows a black screen? its very dim but in a dark room u can see its on. How to fix?

by Applesucks

Try a hard reset hold power and home button togeather for 7 seconds then let hi of home and keep pressing power... If still nothing you could have damaged the display

by con

Applesucks will be eternally grateful.