iPhone 5

Sixth iteration of Apple iPhone announced on September 12, 2012. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

iPhone wont turn on after disconnected battery

So my 64GB iPhone 5 didn't want to charge so I replaced the dock connector. My phone was on the whole time because I have no way to turn it off. None of the buttons worked. Anyways while I was doing it the video told me to disconnect the battery. I did and then my screen shut off. I reconnected it and tried turning it on. Nothing. Tried Wall adapter, iTunes, hard reset, cleaning port, reconnecting it, charged it all night, tried a new battery and none of them worked :( Did I just ruin my phone from disconnecting the battery while it is on? :( please help

Most Helpful Answer

You should have turned on assistive touch and turned it off that way..

It's possible you shorted sumthing. How did u try and turn it on if no buttons work?

If new charger worked it should have turned screen on.

Normally when I plugged it in it would turn on. Even the faulty port turned the phone on when plugged in. I think I did short something out but what would it be and is there anything I could try to check if I ruined something

by Applesucks

Can you try the old dock see if that turns it on?

by con

I realize it was on but it shows a black screen? its very dim but in a dark room u can see its on. How to fix?

by Applesucks

Try a hard reset hold power and home button togeather for 7 seconds then let hi of home and keep pressing power... If still nothing you could have damaged the display

by con

Applesucks will be eternally grateful.