0

paullightfoot
1

GPS is intermittent after replacing battery

Replacing the battery went well.

BUT . . . my GPS now works intermittently. Any ideas what happened?

0

con

Did you pry on the logic board side when replacing battery?

Make sure the connector below the battery is connected and that the interconnect cables are connected aswel

0

JeffS
1

I'm having the same issue...did you get yours resolved?

0

demusica1434
1

Same problem here. Well, similar. My location just drifts and skips around now. Makes my GPS tracking app results hilarious but useless. I'm gonna break it open and check the cables, but any suggestions beyond the one above would be welcome in case that's not the issue.

0

con

Check the interconnect cables they ate the long black cables that run up the center of the logic board they control the gps and download signals

0

demusica1434
1

Yup. I opened up the case earlier this evening. That connection seemed to be floating. I haven't had a chance to test it over a long distance yet, but the GPS location already appears to be more accurate. Pretty sure I must have dislodged that cable when replacing the battery. If I'm wrong, I'll report back. Pretty sure that was it, though.