The Kenmore 110 Series is an easy to use home Washing machine created by Kenmore.

Why won't my washer spin or drain?

It will fill with water but won't spin or drain on its own. I can drain it if I put the hose on the ground, but not if it's in its usual spot.

Belt, Water Pump

If the washer won't drain the pump belt might have broken or might have worn out. Check the belt and replace if it shows signs of excessive wear.

Drain Pump

If the washer won't drain water the drain pump might be defective. It's also common for a small sock or other article of clothing to get caught in the drain pump or in the drain hose. Check both for an obstruction before replacing the pump.

Other Causes and Conditions

Clogged Pump or Hose

If the washer won't drain there might be a clogged pump or hose. It's common for small socks or other small clothing items to get into the water drain system and clog the hose leading to the pump or the pump itself. Remove the hoses from the pump in order to remove the article of clothing. Keep in mind that any water in the washer will pour out of the hoses when removed.

Drive Belt

If the washer won't drain, should check the drive belt. If the belt is broken or if it isn't tight on the pulleys the washer won't drain properly, if at all.

Lid Switch Assembly

If the washer won't drain the lid switch assembly might be defective. This is a very common problem. The lid switch assembly can fail either mechanically or electrically. Test any electrical switches with an Ohm meter for continuity. The switches should have continuity according to their design.

Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly

If the washer won't drain the door lock assembly should be checked. The door lock can fail either mechanically or electrically. Test any switches on the door lock with an Ohm meter. The switches should have continuity according to their design.

Drain Hose

If the washer won't drain water check the drain hose. Be sure the hose did not get kinked behind the washer. Also, remove the hose from the pump and check it for obstructions.

Coin Trap

If the washer won't drain the coin trap may be clogged. This washer is equipped with a device near the water pump called a coin trap. The purpose of this device is to trap any foreign materials that make their way down the drain. Normally, the coin trap can be accessed through an access panel. It is designed with the homeowner in mind and is normally easy to clean out.

Well for one this thing that is being called a coin trap is actually called a pin trap (I have 25 yrs of whirlpool experience including warranty work) now also if it's not draining and you put the hose down to the floor and it drains then it doesn't have a sock plugging the pump, what it more than likely is, is the thing that shifts the pump to recirculate or drain, it is actually called the wigwag assembly, it has two solenoids on each end and alls it does it wigwags back and forth until it is told to energize one of the solenoids to shift the pump into drain, how u tell which one to chk with an ohm meter is its the one that shifts the pump lever back and forth, of course this is on older machines. I've been out of the business for a little while, so anything that's been built in the last few years I can't say for sure if it's still being used, but it sounds like it is your problem with your washer, very inexpensive to fix.

Where is this solenoid or these solenoids located? Sounds like my problem.

Sounds like exactly my problem too!

My machine is old it fills then agitates then the next cycle does nothing no draining all you hear is the timer on the board what's the problem?

Jon check your lid switch

Step 1: Perform a master reset

This is the first thing a person should try. Unplug the washing machine, and leave it this way for about 1 minute. Plug the machine back in, and close the machine door six times in 12 seconds to send a message to the computer to reset everything. It may not work on all washing machines, so consult the repair guide to see if it will work for this particular machine.

Step 2: Fix the lid switch

If the lid switch has become defective, it is necessary to remove it from the machine. Consult the machine's repair guide to see where it is located and how to take it out. See if the switch works when it is used to open and close the machine door. If it does not, the lid switch needs to be replaced.

Step 3: Check the water level control if the machine isn't spinning

Open the control panel, and look for the water level valve. If the plastic tube attached to it appears clogged, vinegar can clear it up. If the switch itself appears corroded, it may be necessary to replace it.

If none of these solutions work, consult the user's guide that accompanied the machine. Parts may need to replaced, or a repairman may need to be called.

I fixed my washer without taking it apart! I would have had to take apart entire washer to fix clogged pump. But instead I

1) used EXTREMELY hot water and let it drain a few times, putting the hose on the ground, turn your water heater to maximum for this, you might see clumps of what is clogged coming out.

2) sucked and blew air into the hose and back out to help unclog the water pump

3) started to shake and slide the washer back and forth as it was on it's drain cycle, with the house on the ground.

4) after doing this for about an hour, THE WATER PUMP STARTED WORKING and a HUGE clump of my rugs came out of the machine.

I posted a video explaining more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHKYhMCd... Good luck

we've been doing this now 6 hours a day for 2 days our washer is clean yet still wont do anything to drain after the wash cycle..

Check your pump

I Pulled a sock from the pump from a Kenmore Washing Machine that would not drain.

Had same thing with my Kenmore washer. Cleaned hoses but still had problem. Even reset washer settings because Sensors. Checked Door hing also. Decided to clean whole washer including where sensors read. Double Checked tub on correct. Washer works now. So double Check. You may come across solution.

My tub full of water, had NO way of draining it!! Pulled the switche, jumped the wires to bypass the switch and BAM it works!!! Thank you Karl Riker, the genius!!!!

Where do I find all the parts that were named?

Beko machine seems to be getting stuck on the cycles (using time save for 30 degrees should take an hr but took 2 3/4), wasn't spinning properly and once finished clothes absolutely soaking wet still. The other day engineer came and replaced worn brushes seemed ok on spin setting, on doing a 30 degree load today it's still having the same issues! Engineer will be here today by 4 but would appreciate any advice on to what someone may think is wrong before he arrives. Thanks

Can I download a user's manuel? Mine is lost!!

Clint will be eternally grateful.