Solder DC in directly to the connector board of Bose Soundlink 1?

HI,

I bought a Sounddock 1 Series and the Power adapter is dead. Those Adapter are expansive, and rather buying one I have a DC with same voltage +18V with 1A.

However the bos has a 4 pins connector.

Which one is positive and which one is neutral?

I have no way to test it.

Does my DC is suitable for this?

I know Bose power supply is +/- 18V 1A

Please let me know if you can help!

Many thanks

Is the diagram of the AC adapter plug or the Bose, socket input.

10Q

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Tony, the connector is a 4 prong Molex 5.5mm square Size 5.5 x 5.5 x 6.4 mm (each four pins are separated)

Pin1 = +ve 18vdc

Pin2 = -ve 18vdc

Pin3 = GND

Pin4 = GND

As for suitability of your adapter, it depends on what you have and what the outputs are. Use a multimeter and see what you get.

Hope this helps, good luck

That did help many thanks!

So the adapter shouldn't be used as only provide +18V right?

so +18Vm shouldn't do the job...?

power adaptor

That is correct. You will need to come up with -ve 18V as well as +ve You could use a DC-DC converter, but by the time you added the cost for that, it may be cheaper, and easier, to use an original Bose power brick.

For anyone looking for a replacement, looks to be a Molex Micro-Fit 3.0™ Receptacle Housing, they've even got a video and a range of overmolded cable assemblies!

https://youtu.be/X-k5eGi6Abg?list=PLGycM...

The image is for the removable conector or the fixed one on the sound dock?

Hello I have quastion about connecting battery power supply instead wall power, will use Bosch core battery 18V 6.3A so what pins I need to connect battery + and - to work correctly, this pins on speaker using + and - and ground for each looks like but battery have no grounds

@pranjilovic on a battery ground refers to the - connector. You still need to get -18V so you will still need to come up with a dc-dc converter.

Is there any converter to do job from single 18V battery to dual power +& - 18v on the other side

Simple when using two 12V batteries. Just connect the + from one battery to the - of the other battery. Then the single + from the one battery is +12V, the joint point of + and - is O V and the single - from the other battery is -12V.

John Dardemann: You are implying connecting 2x12v batteries in series. The output will be 24volts. Bose Sounddock needs 18volts + and 18volts - and Negative Ground

Tony will be eternally grateful.