Answer to "Replacement battery now not recognised after 4 days of working"Here's what I see about what your saying. Batteries are brand specific as to ensure that company continues to staying business. Lol your comp is most likely burning out something in circuit controlling the charging of the battery. Inside those packs there. are circuits and those circuits control the charge amount, shut off and recognizing a specific type of battery. Tear one down..the old one and get to the little circuit inside the casing. All need to look for is possible burn, a missing piece, a cracked component etc. That it's not being recognized it's deffinitly something with the communication of the battery to the laptop. Them it comes down to why the comp is causing this issue. In reality I tell this, that just because you bought a replacement doesn't mean that replacement was good and could possibly be a faulty battery. It's happened before.
Answer to "wi-fi distance was reduced"Wow. That's a lot.of answers and a lot of issues with one thing as the same for so many. Here's my two cents. There are multiple antennas in the phones these days. When you tear one down you should see them. WiFi. Gps. Cell service types. There are usually two to three points of contact for each of these antennas. Obviously your gonna have to tear it down again or your stuck with what it is. Look at the contact points of all antennas. You'll know where the contact points touch If you actually look at it. If your a repairer and are diy then you need to take the time to understand what your working with. Tinfoil is good. But copper is better. F you put to much tinfoil or copper in a connection area of an antenna your risking burning up things that make the antennas work. And you can mess up the frequencies of the receiver. So your phone will adapt and try keep connected and then your phone just dies. All over an antenna. Just say take care to be mindful of what your fixing and gain as much knowledge of it as...
Answer to "Solder DC in directly to the connector board of Bose Soundlink 1?"Dang people. Lol. Old turkey is correct. Simpler to buy a used power supply for the Bose system. Charles Brunsdon, the reference to the two 12 vdc batteries is correct. Connect wire to positive of first battery, connect negative of first battery to seconds batteries positive. This is your floating/virtual ground. Second battery negative has a wire also. So three wires and two.batteries in series. Your first batt is positive, the middle wire connecting two batts is your virtual ground for both outputs And the negative of the second batt is your negative volts. It comes out to be +/-12vdc. Still a problem is you need +/-18 vdc. And dude asking about the chargable battery. It might be 18 vdc. But its way to much amps. Bose system is 1amp. You put 6.3 amps on it and poof. No more Bose. If your gonna mess with electricity I suggest reading up on simple things like what electricity is. Amps. Volts. Watts. Current. It's all simple but it's not something you just magically put together and it works. Electronics is...