0

Florin Boboc
1

Are the fan blades removable?

Are the fan blades removable? I want to clean and oil the fan.

2

Dan

Sorry no.

The fan blade is press-fited onto the fan's armature axle and the motor uses oil-less bearings.

I don't recommend oiling anything as the oil acts like a dust magnet clogging up the blades and bearings.

I do recommend using a soft painters brush and scrubbing down the blades and heat sink fins and then using some can'ed air to carefully blow away the junk. Don't spin-up the fan blades as you will damage the fan.

I would install a good temperature & fan app so you can better monitor your systems cooling. I like Temperature Gauge Pro, but others will also work.

Lastly, if you feel the fan is making to much noise then you should replace it

Thank you very much for your response! I can handle the cleaning, i have extensive experience on PC, but for one reason or another i completely avoided Macs. I just sent people to the Apple store for fun. They have ridiculous prices for maintenance. Ok, so for the Air, no oil, no blade removal. Thank you!

Florin Boboc,