iPhone 5 shuts down after disassembly

I have replaced the back cover and screen on an iPhone 5 due to a broken screen and back cover with scratches and dents.

It worked fine before but after the replacement the phone will not stay on. It shuts down randomly and then I have to turn it back on.

Any ideas?

The best way to move the battery for a iPhone 5 is to pry from the volume keys side this way you don't risk damage to the motherboard if you apply heat from a heat gum or hair dryer on the rear of the iPhone 5 were the battery is the battery will come out no problem.. If you do it without heat you risk bending or damaging the battery..

In your case I would try another battery if that has the same affect you could have damaged the motherboard

Ok, I will order a new battery and hope that solves the issue. Thanks a lot.

You may have damaged the battery when prying out.. Did you pry it out on the logic board side?

I started from the logic board side very gently. It did not move, so i moved to the top of the phone instead.

No problem glad to be of help..

Update us on how you get on

Kim Kramer will be eternally grateful.