Replaced Screen home button contacts do not line up

I have sucessfully peeled the home button contacts off my old display and transferered them to the new display. My issue is the 2 home button contacts do not line up with the prongs on the lightning connector.

To test i peeled the contacts back off the display and set them on the prongs and home button worked. They just will not line up once i pop screen back on.

NEED ADVICE/TIPS??

Thanks for the comment Con. The piece of metal is attached to the ribbon cable and I never separated the two when transferring it to the new display anymore suggestions?

Most Helpful Answer

Make sure the home button flex is siting straight on the metal peice you screw in and has not drifted to one side

Take a picture and post it he just to see what way it's sitting on the display!

Any luck with this mate

By the way it looks the contacts must meet or are you saying the 2 prongs on the dock don't meet.. as in the prongs need streched up a tad?

wheelds will be eternally grateful.