Screen is half black

I dropped my phone on its back in an otter box when I picked it up and all but one eighth of the screen was black. I need to know what's wrong and if I can fix it

Joe, I'd start off by opening the phone, following this guide. Check for any cables having come lose or slightly dislodged. Reseat all of the cables, check for any obvious damage, like broken or missing components. Should all the cables be properly aligned, replace the display. Hope this helps, good luck.

Most Helpful Answer

How to fix my iphone 5c if half of the screen is black out?

did you find anything? the same has happened to mine

You need to replace your screen. iFixit sells great repair kits. The repair isnt too difficult.

I haven't dropped my iPhone 6s+ or damaged it but my screens half black? Can someone help

It is an old post, but it could be that the cable needs reseating. Follow the iFixit guide for screen assembly replacement to know how to remove the screen, then reconnect it. Of course as per the guide disconnect the battery first.

Otherwise must be tested with a known good screen and the issue remains, have the board repaired. It means one of the backlight circuits is down. Each backlight circuit is composed of diodes, fuses, driver, coil, and caps. Any or all may require replacement.

take it to the genius bar at an apple store. they will most likely fix it free of charge but only if one of the wires is dislodged. or, you had a software crash, do a hard reset just incase.

Joe will be eternally grateful.