0

petra1685
1

Is OS Lion upgrade posible after RAM upgrade?

I have the late 2007 model Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz MacBook. I've recently upgraded the RAM to 4 Gigs, (yay, that was a super easy job!) in hopes of being able to get OS Lion installed. (Really, I just want to be able to have my iPhone and iPad - both running the newest iOS - sync to something, and I'd like to be able to connect to icloud and use pages and numbers...) Not having much luck with that... (Apple, you're losing major brownie points over the lack of upgradability... either that, or your machines run too solid for their own age and good... rant over)

While I do have a copy of OS Lion in my app store purchase history, (and now the extra RAM to run it), when I try to download it, it will pretend to start, and show up in my dock as forever paused. I try to click the "resume" option, but it appears to do nothing.

As far as I have checked the specs, Lion should have no problem running with the upgraded RAM? I'm not too terribly tech savvy on all the details, but it does at least attempt to download. Should it not be able to run it?

Is OS 10.6.8 as far as I can possibly ever get with this laptop? That would be such a shame, as there appears to be nothing wrong with it... other that its age. Can one justify buying a new machine in order to have cloud capabilities and pages?

Edited by: petra1685 ( )

0

Dan
81k

Here's a link to Apples TN on Lions requirements System requirements for OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6. As you can see your system meets the requirement.

It sounds like the download failed (slow or disrupted connection). Try double clicking on the icon or delete it and start again. If your connection is not stable or slow you may want stop by the Apple Store and let them download the installer (and help in removing the corrupted file as well).

Edited by: Dan ( )

Thanks! I needed a confirmation that I'm not just going nuts, lol...My internet connection did interrupt for like 5 minutes yesterday, but ran (relatively) fine afterwards. I may try to just plug my ethernet cable directly into the laptop (as opposed to it going through AirPort, which is also rather aged...) for the duration of the download at least... It's ironic how I switched to macs over 10 years ago because I got tired of PCs dying on me every year, and here I am today with my 7-year-old laptop running without a hitch, but too old for the new OS and stuff... I'm reduced to chuckling at the lesson in this... you can't win against the power of retail...

petra1685,