Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Broken power connector for speakers on logic board

After reassembling everything after cleaning up from a liquid spill, I managed to break the connector on the logic board that attaches to the red and black speaker cable.

Would this be fixable by re-soldering the connector (the individual pins look extremely small)? If not, I'm not too concerned about having sound. My next question would be, is it safe to wrap the connector in electrical tape and run the laptop like normal?

Here's iFixit's image of the cable & connector:

Here's my cable & connector in its current state with a screwdriver pointing to where it should be.

Generally, unless you are in the computer/small electronics business, logic board component soldering is not a DIY project. It requires special tools, solder and lots and lots of practice (it's easy to destroy MLBs with too much heat).

A small electronics/computer repair shop might be able to do this for you.

A workaround would be to use a USB audio adaptor or USB voice quality headset & microphone. USB audio works separate from analog audio.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

Patrick Smith will be eternally grateful.