The slim edition of the classic Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD and built-in Wi-Fi. Repair requires intricate prying and special tools.

Broken disc tray and will not slide back in

I accidentally hit the disc tray and now it is sticking out and when i close it it only goes half way and stops. Please help

i have the same problem...

We can't get the tray out.

Worked great once I figured out how far too pull the tasty out to see the tab. ....BTW pull the tab up and don't try to push it in like I did for 15 minutes. Works like a charm once you follow the directions!

Cant get the tray all the way out! it was partially out and got jammed so it cant be moved enough to get at the tab. any tips?

the tray goes in and comes wright back out

The gears on the Xbox 360 have become misaligned. Here is how you fix it. If the tray is out all the way disconnect the power.

Step 1:

Locate the tab on the left side of the tray.

Step 2:

Lift the tab with a pen or equal and pull the tray out.

Step 3: power on the Xbox 360 and hit the eject button. When you here the eject "ding" pull the power. Now the drive is in eject mode and the cogs are aligned to take the tray.

Step 4

Gently place the tray back in and slight nudge to engage gears.

Step 5

POwer on xbox 360 and give another nudge to help the tray realign.

Step 6

Open and close the tray a couple times. To assure sucess.

Worked for me. Took a while to figurer out how to lift out the lid lifting the tab. It Was Well hidden.

Thank you, thank you! I just fixed my son's xbox saving me big $. Had a hard time with the tab, but finally used a small pocket knife and kept pushing up on that back left side and it finally released with ease. Had to try it a few times before I got the thing to shut off at the right point, but finally success.

Brandy, spot on, mama. Way to go!

Thank you so much. That worked perfectly.

Thanks it worked

suggestion to get the drive out push the tab down from the top or up from the bottom. you will feel the difference when it is ready to come out but have to pull and wiggle it hard to get it out. also hit the eject button then wait for a second while the gears spin before pulling the power. I pulled the power as soon as I heard the ding and the same problem was not fixed. then put the tray in and push it all the way in while the power is still out. then power it on.

thanks much ! sure beat taken the thing all apart . this was much simpler.again thanks. DIY LET ME TRY

the alignment is probably off on the ejecting mechanism. it functions with a motor that aligns with a few plastic cogs. if they are misaligned, or it feels resistance, it won't eject properly.

does it look slightly askew at all?

It's stuck out and it won't go back in

TheoSkrem will be eternally grateful.