Furby

Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

How to clean battery terminal corrosion

Hi I just found my two 1998 Furbies. They both look great on the inside however they have corrosion and I can't get them to work. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Answer

Erikka Holderness, corrosion should usually clean oi\of with a vinegar/sterile water solution. Use a cotton swab pr soft toothbrush to clean the contacts. Rinse with sterile water after that, you may have to repeat this step a couple of times. Once it is properly cleaned, use 90%+ isopropyl alcohol to displace and left over water (depending on where the contacts are situated). Hope this helps, good luck.

Ok great thank you p :-) I will be trying this.

by Erikka Holderness

I usually use a vinegar based rust remover and an old toothbrush. Then brush on some WD40 and let it sit and dry overnight, i dont even rinse anything, just wait for it to soak in and dry

CLR also works well on battery corrosion after cleaning with CLR use wd40

Erikka Holderness will be eternally grateful.