Released in North America in November 2006.

Wii makes wierd clicking noise when games

when i play a game on the wii, it makes all these clicking noises. Nothing has happened("yet")

info would be great! thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

I'm pretty sure that the noise you're hearing is just the optical drive reading the game disc. My Wii also makes the same noise and my Wii is a little over 2 years old. No problems on mine either.

The best way is to replace the spindle grip. We've seen people try bending it but just made it more worse where the game started slipping on the spindle or wouldn't spin anymore due to too much pressure on the spindle.

The last time i was so wrong it hurt. Ok, like what was said earlier... The lens is just reading the game. If it just stops clicking and gives you an error message its because the lens cant find a readable section. If you have the tools you need to open it up far enough to replace the lens or the whole entire disc drive. I have a repair business that i started. If you need someone to take care of it contact me on Facebook through my business page gamelogic (electronic repair business). Hope this helps.

there is a plastic disk on the arm that holds the game down. If the drive is noisy anytime there is a disk in the drive this is the issue. The arm that holds the disk in place grinds on the plastic disk that spins with the disk.

How would you suggest going about realigning the arm and the disc?

My Wii got kicked over a few times by idiots, and since it's been grinding away every time it starts reading a disc.

order a new arm would be safer and easier.

Sam Kolkman, it would probably be easier if you post answers like this as comments. Since you did not give a link where do get the arm or how to replace it. Hopefully the person got it fixed since the question is at 8mth old with no further reply..Good job looking through old questions and trying to answer

yes that it your disk drive what you need to do is turn back all 4 screws about a half a turn

Which 4 screws??

Yeah I'd like to know!!! If it's that simple too!

My wii is making clicking noises after I press start of whatever game. Then an error pops up...What do I do?!

My wii makes a grinding noise when I put the disk into the system. Then I have a hard time getting the disk out. What can I do to fix it?

I have it too. Only while the game is loading so it's probly just reading the disk

My Wii does that too only while the game us loading so it's most likely just the disk lense

iMike will be eternally grateful.