Why is my blender smoking?

My blender has been louder than normal for a few days and today it started smoking and when I lifted the jug off there was a lot of black flakes. Any ideas what is wrong with it and how I can fix it?!

It's a blendtec

by Rebecca james

Most Helpful Answer

Do not use it again as you risk a fire. If it is older than 2011 it has a three year warranty. If newer, it carries a seven years warranty. Call customer service at (801-222-0888), have your serial number ready.

Mine just started sounding funny and smoking today too and it's only 3 months old!! I'm not sure I want a replacement if this is indicative of the quality...I bought it at Sams Club and will try to return it there, but very disappointed overall.

If your blender is smoking its probably due to incorrect input voltage. So did you buy yours from the USA and then take it to Australia where the voltage is double ?

You may need a voltage converter

http://www.wallcann.com.au/step-down-tra...

Rebecca james will be eternally grateful.