Why is my blender smoking?

My blender has been louder than normal for a few days and today it started smoking and when I lifted the jug off there was a lot of black flakes. Any ideas what is wrong with it and how I can fix it?!

It's a blendtec

by Rebecca james

Most Helpful Answer

Do not use it again as you risk a fire. If it is older than 2011 it has a three year warranty. If newer, it carries a seven years warranty. Call customer service at (801-222-0888), have your serial number ready.

Mine just started sounding funny and smoking today too and it's only 3 months old!! I'm not sure I want a replacement if this is indicative of the quality...I bought it at Sams Club and will try to return it there, but very disappointed overall.

If your blender is smoking its probably due to incorrect input voltage. So did you buy yours from the USA and then take it to Australia where the voltage is double ?

You may need a voltage converter

http://www.wallcann.com.au/step-down-tra...

Mine has just done the same thing. There is a rubber gasket at the base of the blender that will rot and go bad if liquid is left in there. The best way to avoid this for as long as possible is to rinse/clean the blender immediately after it's used and then turn it upside down to dry. Mine has been fine for a long time, but my kids use it and sometimes forget. I'm just going to have Blendtec replace the gasket, it will be as good as new!

I've tried other "expensive" blenders after my first one malfunctioned (there was a short in the power switch). I HATED the one I found online. After paying over $300 for it, I sold it at a yard sale for $40. Blendtec is the best blender I've ever owned, and I'll never own another.

by Kim D

Rebecca james will be eternally grateful.