5th generation Apple router released on June 21, 2011. It features wireless n which increases the network speed from the previous model.

not turning on after electricity shutdown

hi does anybody knows what to do if the airport extreme dos't turn on

denneyjon

I have exactly same problem... Its hardware? Battery??

Can fix it?

Dear ,

I'm in trouble , my router that ends the energy usually he does not turn back on , only after several attempts he turned back on, it would be a hardware problem ?

For already switched outlet and charger.

Thank U

- try another electrical outlet

- disconnect any USB printer and/or sound system connection

- disconnect power overnight, reconnect power and attempt to turn on first.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

Tnx. but didn't work

Probably a bad power supply unit.

Did you have it plugged into a good surge suppressor or UPS?

I have had the same issue. The only thing that helps is if the unit is cold or cool after a long time unplugged. I'm afraid it might have given up the ghost at this point convinced its the internal power supply. The unit has always lived plugged into an isobar isolation/supressor.

Bump. Have the same problem. But what is the cause of this issue and how to fix it?

Sadly, its time for a new unit. Must likely you had a power surge which burnt the power supply and/or logic board.

Using a good surge suppressor or a UPS can make a big difference on the survivability of your gear.

I concurr with Dan; you should always have any electronic devices plugged into surge protectors. This will protect them in electrical storms and power surges. You will need a new modem/router. Will save you money power bar at walmart for 20 or dollars will save you from buying another $400 device. It is also wise to unplug electronics during a thunderstorm .

sagi will be eternally grateful.