iPad 4 Wi-Fi

Fourth generation of iPad, released November 2, 2012, available in 16, 32, or 64 GB models. Model Number A1458

How to unlock iPad when its linked to someone else's Apple account?

I bought an iPad 4 second handed.

I'm not sure what is wrong with it. I restored it to factory settings and now when I try to activate it, it keeps asking me for the previous owners Apple ID. I don't have his number anymore, what should i do?

Is this iPad pretty much bricked forever?

hay......

any one yet find a solution for bypass apple id

by nipuna

By chance did you try to set it up using icloud?

by skyethespy

did you unlocked your ipad even when was linked to someone apple account?

by Ismael

Hi, i have a ipad 4 model no a1458 and it locked with icloud. Is there are any ways bypass it. Help me!!!!!

by Faheem

Pliz help my ipad as been disabled I need how to unlock model A1458

by peter nkonde

Bricked forever

Even when the jailbreak comes out? Can i not bypass this step with jailbreak?

by Kamil

Currently no activation bypass method is available for devices newer than iphone 4, even with jailbreak

by Tom Chai

Bricked, sell it on ebay for parts.

by Synced Repairs NZ

Okay, thank you for the quick reply. Just lost 450€ :(

by Kamil

Call apple support and tell them he proof of purchase and they can fix it

by Elijah Reardon

Please try to activate the iPad . If iPad shows this device is linked with (abc@icloud.com) then it can be removed easily. if shows this device has been lost or stolen then cannot do anything.

Normal Process: Requirement is the POP(Invoice of the device). If you have the bill of this device.

Just call AppleCare they will assist you better. They will remove this within 3 days. Only if device not been stolen or lost.

AppleCare need only device bill and tell them you are unable to activate the iPad.

Here is the Apple site to reset your iCloud account: Reset or Unlock your iCloud ID. This will not work if you have someone else's device or can't access the email account you had setup.

Here is the list of Apple docs explaining things Apple Security

by Dan

I also I bought an iPad air from Amazon last year, from a seller from UK.

I bought it just to send to my little sister as a gift. But when it arrived and she tried to use it, it was linked to someone else's Apple ID.

iPad will not work without inserting the correct ID and password.

The only solution to make it work is contacting the seller (first owner), after sending my email to seller, the answer is: he was not the owner! He also bought from black market too and couldn't make is work either

After 2 weeks of looking for solution I found this: icloud unlock, I found some companies that unlock icloud by MEI, not all devices, only clean devices (not stollen or blacklisted) Finely, I unlocked my sisters iPad after paying $125 !!!

Sara what site did you use

by tiffany oakes

Sadly, this is no longer possible with the newest versions of iOS running on either a iPad or iPhone.

by Dan

my father is deceased and his name is on as a family member but his girlfriend has her email on it. I have the death certificate for my dad but his girlfriend died two weeks prior to him and I do not have hers. will that do?

So for all of those posting here unfortunately my uncle passed away and I'm trying to reset his iPad 2.

The problem with Apple is that with Mac laptops and desktops they are able to be returned back to factory settings like when you first get them.

With the iPhones or iPads when it is activated it is locked to that persons Apple ID. According to Apple support in order for me to access the iPad I need to provide them with a certificate of death and court documentation showing I'm the legal representative of the deceased at which point they will delete his Apple ID from their servers which will release the iPad from the Apple account.

In another words unless you can prove ownership or prove the person is dead your screwed! Gotta love Apple I like the security but am not inmpressed with the lack of ability to reset them due to the fact that people forget user account & passwords!

I am not sure if you have gotten an answer about your fathers deceased girl friend and her death record. Death records are public record so you can either go online and get a copy of it or go to your local court house or library and get a copy of her death certificate. It's public record you do not have to be a family relative to get a copy of the death certificate.

by Lynn Reedy

Call apple support and give them your proof of purchase and they can fix it

someone share apple id then her block is account what can i do

by jackyjoe994

I am currently working on a friends Ipad air, she lost the passcode & was disabled. she wanted me to reset it for her, it rebooted and everything, in the middle of the activation it says its linked to an apple ID and its locked. she has no idea whos apple ID it is. is there any way I can get into it for free and easy?

Well this is my sisters ipad i dont know the passcode

by sion pye

1. Power down the device. Wait for it to completely shut down.

2. Connect the USB cable to your computer and start iTunes. DO NOT plug in the iPhone/iPad yet.

3. Press and hold the home button on the iPhone/iPad. While holding it, plug the USB cable into the phone. Keep holding the home button until "Connect to iTunes" appears on the screen, or iTunes says it has detected an iPhone/iPad in recovery mode.

4. Restore the iPhone/iPod to factory, update if it asks. If you have a previously saved backup of the device in your iCloud, you can now restore from that or simply start using it as a new device.

If there are any queries if the iphone/ipad is safe to use the answer is yes it will completely comply with this reset and will be easy o set up and reuse

You are not even on the right page.

by Tom Chai

Would this work on an icloud locked ipad?

by cc

Kamil will be eternally grateful.