Model A1369, 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8 GHz Processor, 64, 128 or 256GB Flash Storage

Replacement screws for the pentalobe screws

MacBook Air 13 Mid 2011

Is it possible to get Phillips screw replacements for the pentalobe screws on the bottom case of an Air?

Here's the screwdriver for $5.91 that you're trying to get around: P5 Pentalobe Screwdriver Retina MacBook Pro and Air

Here's the bottom screw set (Pentalobe): MacBook Air 13" (Late 2010 to Early 2015) Lower Case Screw Set

P5 Pentalobe Screwdriver Retina MacBook Pro and Air Image
MacBook Air 13" (Late 2010 to Early 2015) Lower Case Screw Set Image

Most Helpful Answer

Sure it's possible... It would be very expensive!

You would need to take all of the screws out and carefully measure each one then lookup and order (in bulk 5,000/10,000 per type) from a screw manufacture.

Don't know what you'll do with all of the extra screws though ;-}

Package them neatly and sell them in a liberation kit to ifixit readers and others who would purchase them (like me).

Yeah. Sell it to other MacBook owners. Pentalobe is a bad design. Apple wanted to make money. I think that Phillips screws or Torx are much better and dont strip. I opened my MBA with the P5 iFixit Screw Driver 3 times and the screws are already stripped. And, if you are wondering: Yes, I know how to screw.

ahaukeboe will be eternally grateful.