Model A1369, 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8 GHz Processor, 64, 128 or 256GB Flash Storage

Replacement screws for the pentalobe screws

MacBook Air 13 Mid 2011

Is it possible to get Phillips screw replacements for the pentalobe screws on the bottom case of an Air?

Here's the screwdriver for $5.91 that you're trying to get around: P5 Pentalobe Screwdriver Retina MacBook Pro and Air

Here's the bottom screw set (Pentalobe): MacBook Air 13" (Late 2010-2017) Lower Case Screw Set

P5 Pentalobe Screwdriver Retina MacBook Pro and Air Image

Product

P5 Pentalobe Screwdriver Retina MacBook Pro and Air

$8.99

MacBook Air 13" (Late 2010-2017) Lower Case Screw Set Image

Product

MacBook Air 13" (Late 2010-2017) Lower Case Screw Set

$19.99

Most Helpful Answer

Sure it's possible... It would be very expensive!

You would need to take all of the screws out and carefully measure each one then lookup and order (in bulk 5,000/10,000 per type) from a screw manufacture.

Don't know what you'll do with all of the extra screws though ;-}

Package them neatly and sell them in a liberation kit to ifixit readers and others who would purchase them (like me).

Yeah. Sell it to other MacBook owners. Pentalobe is a bad design. Apple wanted to make money. I think that Phillips screws or Torx are much better and dont strip. I opened my MBA with the P5 iFixit Screw Driver 3 times and the screws are already stripped. And, if you are wondering: Yes, I know how to screw.

Biggest reason? Those dang batteries decide to expand and force the keyboard up. I don't want to be on the road somewhere and have to wreck the screws just to take out the battery to continue using my laptop

ahaukeboe will be eternally grateful.