0

Saad Khan
1

Battery shows an x is not charging

My battery shows an x and is not charging. The macbook works only with the adapter but when I remove it the mac shuts down. I bought the mac in 2010 and it has only 134 cycles. The battery is not removable. Can someone provide a solution ?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , mayer ( )

Apple MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.3 13" Early 2011 Specs Identifiers: Early 2011 13" - MC700LL/A - MacBookPro8,1 - A1278 - 2419*

mayer,

1

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Please give us the last three figures of your serial number.

Next, is the X Red or Black. Next download and run Coconut Battery and let us know your results. http://www.coconut-flavour.com

UPDATE

Try resetting the SMC

Shut down the computer.

Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Edited by: mayer ( )

The last 3 figures of my serial number are H2G. The X is black and I had installed coconut battery a month ago and currently there are no readings it simply says N/A. The battery information in the system report (About this Mac) is simply not there anymore.

Saad Khan,