Wireless router released October 2007, model number is WGR614v9.

How can I fix a router that gives signal, but not internet?

My router will give off wireless signal, but it does not give internet access. I've tried restoring to factory settings, but that won't work either. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi i am also facing wifi Router issue i am using Cisco CVR100W Wireless-N VPN Router as access point.

its connected on LAN Port from my switch I am not using WAN port of this router just because i am using Firewall Devices.

Router issue

1. some its SSID not found in network

2. its connected but not able to download anything

3. when i ping on my local getway its working proper but when i ping on google or WAN Network some its ping coming proper or some its going to break.

i am also change LAN Cable but not resolve.

help me ASAP help must appreciated also send me email on sawan.choubisa@gmail.com

I have some times fix a router that gives signal, but not internet face problems than i have used many methods but these methd does not work so not solve my problems so i will contact to <a href="https://babasupport.org/routers/verizon-...> Version Routers customer service</a>

for fixing the issue you need to find your IP address which you can get from http://whatsmyrouterip.com/ then you must reset you router.

Unless Mac error 43 iPhone has been problematic for a long time, try simply restarting your computer. This will force all running instances to shut down and when you turn your computer back on, a fresh iTunes will be opened up.

http://www.applesupport247.com/blog/how-...

Check that is is working via Ethernet. You could be having DNS resolution problems. Depending upon your ISP you have to set your router up with the PPPoE username and password. Or, if you have been issued a static IP address by your provider, (you would need to have requested it), the static IP fields (including network mask and gateway) or clone the Mac (nothing to do with Apple Computers) address of your computer given to you by the provider must also be set in the router.

Once you can confirm connection via Ethernet you can set up your wireless network (seems like you know how to do that part).

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Most Helpful Answer

netgear router problem can be solved - just reset the router using the reset key or log in the router using 192.168.1.0 or use the ip config and find out the default gateway and log in to the router and reset or update the firmware and for any other help visit netgear and get the latest firmware for router https://www.netgear.com/support/ and see if this helps you out

you may have netgear router stopped working problem, just because of few things,

• Physical Connection problem
  • internet Connection problem
  • Firmware is outdated.

So these are few reasons, which may stop your netgear to serve the internet. so you need to make sure that your modem is connected from internet port of the router.

once you will connect the modem to the router, i will suggest you to reboot the router and modem and then try to access the internet.

Also, you need to make sure that you are getting internet from your modem. so you need to connect your modem from computer and try to access the internet. if you can't access the internet. i will suggest you to contact to internet service provider and ask them for help.

Issues with wireless connection is quit common now a days.

As you fell the router related issues are very complicated,if you try to solve these on your own.

Understand these are some question with same solutions:-

1. Router not connecting to the internet.

2. No internet on the router.

3. Router is blinking orange.

I am going to explain you some generic solutions with an Example that may help to sort out your problem.

solution:-

When router is connected to the modem, the Internet LED light present beside the power switch is blinking "Orange" which is usually "Green", so For example and details read Troubleshooting Belkin Router Orange Light.

Things to try:-

> Contacted Internet service provider to check there is problem or not.

> Turn Modem and router off for 30 mins.

> Update the router firmware.

> Tried to switch Ethernet cables.

> Disconnect the wireless router from the modem.

> Power off the modem.

> Connect the wireless router to the modem.

> Now power up the modem.

i think this issue with netgear router can be fixed in just few simple steps

first reset the netgear router and restart the modem and router

after that setup the router again for setup follow Netgear Router Setup Guide

I hope that works for you thanks

Most of the user face problem with Unable to open Netgear router login page or No connection at 192.168.1.1. But read here how to fix 192.168.1.1 and get logged into your router.

• First off, check the power LED on Router, it should not be off, red and blinking.
  • If LED light is blinking, you need to update your router’s firmware.
  • Check your Ethernet cable that is connected to router, modem and Computer.
  • Make sure you are typing correct IP address or not.

If these steps don’t help you, read this one troubleshooting guide on how to fix '''routerlogin.net not working''' and get resolved.

Try connecting your PC with modem or router with RJ45 patch cable and try using internet to check if it works fine or same slow browsing issue. If you still face the slow browsing issue then the issue can be with your ISP and internet connect but its fine then problem in wireless configuration.

In case if connection is fine then go to your router`s wireless setup and make sure that broadcasting is b/g/n mixed mode, then check what broadcasting channel is selected starting from 1 to 11, in case of extreme start or end make in middle like 6 or 7 and in case of any middle number like 6 to 8 make it either 10 or 3. By changing the broadcasting channel shall hopefully stop any interference with other frequencies.

Good Luck

Netgear N300 when I connect directly to the modem I get 175 but when I connect the router It drops to 95. Firmware up to date

roopnate will be eternally grateful.