Wireless router released October 2007, model number is WGR614v9.

How can I fix a router that gives signal, but not internet?

My router will give off wireless signal, but it does not give internet access. I've tried restoring to factory settings, but that won't work either. Is there any way to fix this?

Check that is is working via Ethernet. You could be having DNS resolution problems. Depending upon your ISP you have to set your router up with the PPPoE username and password. Or, if you have been issued a static IP address by your provider, (you would need to have requested it), the static IP fields (including network mask and gateway) or clone the Mac (nothing to do with Apple Computers) address of your computer given to you by the provider must also be set in the router.

Once you can confirm connection via Ethernet you can set up your wireless network (seems like you know how to do that part).

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

netgear router problem can be solved - just reset the router using the reset key or log in the router using 192.168.1.0 or use the ip config and find out the default gateway and log in to the router and reset or update the firmware and for any other help visit netgear and get the latest firmware for router https://www.netgear.com/support/ and see if this helps you out

i think this issue with netgear router can be fixed in just few simple steps

first reset the netgear router and restart the modem and router

after that setup the router again for setup follow Netgear Router Setup Guide

I hope that works for you thanks

Try connecting your PC with modem or router with RJ45 patch cable and try using internet to check if it works fine or same slow browsing issue. If you still face the slow browsing issue then the issue can be with your ISP and internet connect but its fine then problem in wireless configuration.

In case if connection is fine then go to your router`s wireless setup and make sure that broadcasting is b/g/n mixed mode, then check what broadcasting channel is selected starting from 1 to 11, in case of extreme start or end make in middle like 6 or 7 and in case of any middle number like 6 to 8 make it either 10 or 3. By changing the broadcasting channel shall hopefully stop any interference with other frequencies.

Good Luck

Netgear N300 when I connect directly to the modem I get 175 but when I connect the router It drops to 95. Firmware up to date

roopnate will be eternally grateful.