Can I change the keyboard for the one with black keys?

Hello Team,

What I mean is if is possible to change the top case with the keyboard of this mac book pro to the one that has black keays, like this one:

Or, I just can use same keyboard?

Thank you very much

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

So your facing the Lilliput and Blefuscu quandary ;-}

Yes, you can do either: replace the entire keyboard or just the keycaps them selves.

The Keycap solution I think is the easier direction here. Contact TheBookYard as they can help you select the correct replacement caps for your system.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

Please give us the last three figures of your serial number. The link you gave is to an upper case of a newer model machine and will not work for you.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


According to the figures you gave me in your email, you have a : Apple MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.5 15" (08) Specs

I know of no black keys keyboard for your machine:

Identifiers: Early 2008 - MB134LL/A - MacBookPro4,1 - A1260 - 2198


Add a comment

Add your answer

Alejandro will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 219