Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

Replacement EMI tape for Airport/bluetooth card?

I recently replaced the airport/bluetooth card in my MBP. The EMI tape on the card was difficult to remove and was damaged during the removal; it also does not adhere well when put back in place.

Anyone know where a replacement or substitute might be available?

Thanks, Machead3, but it is not Kapton tape, I have a roll of that. The tape wraps the top, bottom, and one side of the Airpot/bluetooth card, and is so carefully cut to match the online that I am virtually certain it has a purpose.

Search kapton tape in Google shopping - I'd give you a link but apparently that's not possible any longer.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Oh, the black stuff -They use something similar on the bottom of cases to keep logic boards from shorting out. i think a sheet vinyl like this would work.

The existing stuff is not black vinyl, its paper-like, but I;ll give this stuff a try.......

stufarnham will be eternally grateful.