Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Can I swap the motherboards without loosing any data?

I have two identical iPhone 4g phones, one with a broken screen (my current phone) and one with a perfect screen from my past carrier. Can I swap my current motherboard into the other phone without compromising the data?

You first need to make a backup of your iPhones applications and the apps data within iTunes or iCloud and you may need to manually copy off some of your data files as well if you used your phone as storage to transfer files between your PC's.

Here's a good writeup on the needed steps using iTunes Transferring Apps to a new iPhone

Here's a YouTube on how to do it Transferring via iCloud Of course you'll need to pay Apple for this service.

No, you cannot because everything related to memory is built in on board its not like a PC where data is stored in different components like hard drive and ram etc. Its better to back up you whole data first and the restore it in new board.

No, David the answer is a Yes here if they make a backup within iTunes and if needed copy off anything else. As long at iTunes (or iCloud) see's the iPhone they can recover their stuff (with or without a working display).

There is no loss of data when swapping boards. Just swap them, everything will be there when done.

Brittany will be eternally grateful.