iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

power surge fried phone. can a replacement battery solve this problem?

iPhone 4s got "zapped", or over electricuted on a faulty docking-type stereo in a power surge. Computer doesn't read it, nor does it charge or even turn on. However, when connected to charger, it makes a quiet ticking noise. I took the battery out, connected the charger, & it still makes the same ticking sound. Could the problem be, it just needs a new battery?

Pia Zamora, very, very unlikely. I suggest you take the phone apart, using these guides. Check for any obvious damage like burned or charred looking components. the yellow square marks the area you want to pay close attention to. you may have to remove the RF shields At minimum you will have to replace the dock connector. Hope this helps, good luck.

Pia Zamora will be eternally grateful.