Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Boot up after replacing hard drive

Just replaced hard drive on macbook and get question mark on screen. How do I reboot?

Do you know what operating system you had?

Hi michael. It sounds like the OS is missing from the hard drive. Is this a new hard drive? If so, you need to reinstall the OS. You should boot the MacBook holding option key down and reinstall your OS.

As you have replaced the H.D.D you have to install OS in it as well try below steps to re install OS in your MAC.

Insert the install DVD, restart or force restart if you cannot do that otherwise by pressing power button 6 seconds until mac shuts down, then press it normally to start.

Immediately after chime, press option/alt key; wait 3-4 seconds, you should see the boot options, among these the DVD and the internal disk, Select DVD and continue.

Go on booting from the DVD and, after selecting the operating language .

Follow on screen instructions to install OS in your MAC, Finish installation and restart your MAC.

Good Luck.

I did the same, but when it asks what disk i would like to install, no disck is available to select

hello, i have the same problem, but never apear the operating language selection menu. only appear when i dont have de HDD in my mac.

michael will be eternally grateful.