1.7 GHz dual-core Intel Processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.6 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache

upgrade ssd in MacBook air

can I upgrade the ssd in my MBA with a MyDigitalSSD 240GB (256GB) BP4 50mm SATA III 6G mSATA SSD Solid State Drive - MDMS-BP4-240 ??

If not what are the options for ssd upgrade?

Thx

Yesterday I tried to upgrade the stock 128GB SSD in my MacBook Air (Mid-2012) to a 256GB SSD but the vendor, Powermedic, shipped me the wrong drive type. It had the correct pin out but the physical dimensions of the drive were too wide for the socket on the logic board. I ended up calling Powermedic who promptly emailed a UPS shipping label so I can return the drive. It was pretty frustrating though.

AFAIK NO - the drive is Proprietary* (6 Gb/s)- (MLC) High-Performance Sync-NAND. Apple does not intend for one to upgrade the storage after purchase, OWC has found a 3rd party solution. OWC also has an external case for your old Flash Drive so you can transfer (clone) your files, and keep it for backup (the used value of these drives will probably not be high due to a very limited market).

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

It does look like OWC has several solutions/options including 240 GB and 480 GB, and, Amazon sells Transcend 240 GB, 480 GB and 960 GB ! Thanks for the tip!

timdruma will be eternally grateful.