The larger of Apple's MacBook Air laptops featuring dual microphones and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity.

How to remove keys for cleaning on 2013 13" MacBook Air?

Hello all. Had an unfortunate encounter involving my new 2013 13" MacBook Air & some ketchup...

Not much got everywhere, but some of it appears to have gotten stuck underneath at least 3 keys; mainly the "T" & "Y" keys, as well as the screen-brightness reduction key in the top left of the keyboard. The keys have since become stuck & it's become a bit harder than usual to push them down. I know it's possible to remove the keys on older models for cleaning, but I'm unsure how to go through with it/if there's a different process for the new 13" Air. Any help would be highly appreciated <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSpPlMdGv...

*Should* be same for MB Air.

Good luck!

Thanks; was about to do this when I discovered that most, if not all, the ketchup was thankfully only around the sides of the keys. Ended up carefully scraping the dried stuff out without removing the keys; they're back to their original clickiness now. Thanks!

is absolutely not the same and everyone post this video mac air is different

Here is a video that shows popping the keys for both Macbook Pro and Macbook Air:

https://youtu.be/kh88cn_rtLo

Can i ask, how did you clean the keys? My space bar is very stiff now as had a similar incident with some orange juice. Would like to try and clean it without removing the space bar if possible.

Robert Steen will be eternally grateful.