Released April 2010 / 2.4, 2.53 GHz Core i5 or 2.66, 2.8 GHz Core i7 Processors

Won't turn on and the Magsafe light stays green

I was sitting around on my computer when it ran out of battery and died. I plugged it back in and now it does not charge, the light stays green and does not turn amber. In addition, when it is plugged in and press the power button the sleep light indicator flashes rapidly and is accompanied by a beeping noise. Don't know what to do.

Heres a good Apple TN on the boot-up process and the error codes: Startup sequence and error codes, symbols.

As your battery is drained its' possible the systems SMC confused. Follow this TN on reseting it: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC).

Let us know what you discover.

Tried the same procedures, nothing so far (

Just open the back cover of your MacBook Pro carefully, unplug the battery connection and plug it back again. close the back cover and switch on your MacBook Pro. That's it!

Tried the open case, unplug method, worked like a champ. Nice if you are not worried about voiding a warranty ;-)

I had the same issue with that model...I tried the SMC reset a couple of times did not work, until I removed the battery from the macbook. Once I had the battery off i held the the power button (drained the caps)

and replaced the battery and the power cord and powered the machine on. It booted up like normal. I did experience a few issues when the magsafe plug was removed abruptly, had to drain the caps again and the status indicator light would blink 6 times...once the battery was replaced all was well again.

apple measures the battery in cycles that battery was just used up...

HelloJose, I know this thread is a few years ole but, if you remember, would you please explain in a little more detail what you mean by 'apple measures the battery in cycles that battery was used up'.

Download this free app: coconut Battery it will tell you the cycle could and how healthy your battery is.

So I had the same problem only the machine (Macbook a1342) did not at all want to start.

Magsafe stayed green.

I replace the DC board and voila, the Macbook was back to live and magsafe light was orange. Charging went well and soon got on 20%

To see what would happen, I decided to unplug the magsafe from the machine while having the charger in the outlet. That I plugged the magsafe back onto the machine and I heard and saw a sparkle. Now the light states green but the charge seems normal. I am afraid the DC board is damaged again somehow and wonder why. The charger has the correct value 60W a1344 for the Macbook a1342.

Jay will be eternally grateful.