The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

hard drive upgrade cant find any hard drives

hi there i have a macbook 2006 with a 1.83 processor and 2 gb of ram i have look all over the web and cant find a good hard drive upgrade kit i need a hard drive any where from 120 to 500gb can any one help me i cant use my macbook because every time i need to save a photoshop files or a final cut video it saids sorry you setup disk is full dose that mean that my hard drive is full and i need to get a bigger one i look at it and it said that my hard drive is like 59 or some thing gb and i only have a 11gb left on it before its full plz help me find a new and bigger hard drive thanks

will the hard drive at this link work?

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/HGST/Y0A5...

You need a Serial ATA (1.5 Gb/s) 2.5 form drive. I found several on Goolge in about a half-a-minute ranging in price from $20 (used) to <200.00 and from 80 to 500GB in size.

Do not buy a new SAT III (3-6GB/s) drive they will not work.

Pick your poison.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

will the hard drive at this link work?

I don't think so it's InterfaceSATA 3.0Gb/s - they require you to also purchase an external case (why?) contact them (or any vendor) for a guarantee/warranty it will work so you don't get stuck with restock charges.

They said it will work but I don't know I went and bought it and now I'm awaiting for it to come if it dose not work can I Return it?

Carson481 I wouldn't know. What does your vendor say about returns? - For future reference you posted a comment in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the Add Comment link, or, update your Question.

Carson481 will be eternally grateful.