LCD panel replacement w/ Samsung LTN170WP-L02 on A1229

Hello everybody,

I have just finished the LCD replacement on my MBP A1229. The original panel is a LG Phillips, the one I ordered was said to be 100% compatible (Samsung LTN170WP-L02).

I followed all the steps of the guide and everything went OK, there's only one thing, the holes on top of the panel don't match the frame, there are only 3 and none of them at the same place as the original. This is not a real problem, the side screws are OK.

I finish the repair, switch on the Mac, I have a grey screen, the Apple logo and then it goes black after a few seconds. The computer is still on and I can see the screen with a lamp - no backlight.

Then I tried all the resets without any results.

I found one solution : Boot the MacBook, wait till everything is loaded then close and open the screen, it lights up 3 seconds each time and goes out again. When it is on, I set the brightness to 5-6 and it works fine. As soon as I increase the brightness the backlight goes out again.

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this problem ? Will I ever be able to increase brightness ? Do you think that changing the inverter board would help or is there a solution with settings or software / firmware update ?

Thanks !

What OS are you using?

OSX 10.5.8 Leopard

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Asked & Black LCD after boot screen (Replacement LCD). - Contact your vendor.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Esther will be eternally grateful.