Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why is my touch screen not working properly?

After replacing the power button and back glass, my iPhone touch screen seems to responding erratically and unpredictably.

Most Helpful Answer

Okay this could be down to a few things, connection issues or the flex could be damaged.

First please try a hard reset by holding down the power and home button at the same time until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears, then let go. if the issue is still present please do the following.

Complete the following guide and remove your display completely iPhone 4 Display Assembly Replacement

Once you have done this check the following locations for any type of damage,

Both sides of flex, as there is a snag point with could have been damaged.

These connectors are for both the LCD and the touch screen, it is worth checking both and possible cleaning them with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton bud if they appear dirty in some way.

It is likely the flex has become damaged, if it has please replace and the issue should be resolved. If the flex appears okay, sadly you may have to resort to replacing the screen anyway.

Please let me know how you get on and I'm alway here to help just ask.

Best Regards

Brendan Mills

where shall i buy iphone 4s touch screen ? how much cost for touch diplay? i am from india

First try a hard reset

Press and hole the power and home button togeather for about 7 seconds then let go of home and keep pressing power this will restart it and see if the touch work then

yes ur answer is correct .., but how much time can i reset my iphone4 ?..

kindly share alternate solution

thanks in advance

My 4s touch is not responding after I open it for WiFi antenna its wifi signal range is too low...and after I resemble it its touch not responding any way...plzzz help me..thnxx in advance..

Steven Price will be eternally grateful.