0

twisir22
1

iPhone 5 Doesn't Charge Or Turn On

Hi everyone. I have an iphone 5 that wouldn't charge. Hard resetting didn't work. It just wouldn't power on or charge. The phone is approximately 3 months old. I can't go to Apple because I went before and they told me that the phone looks like it have been tampered with so the warranty is void. To my knowledge, Apple techs were the only individuals to go inside the phone. They said that a coaxial wire was broken. I finally looked inside last night and saw that the interconnect cables were broken, but to my knowledge the interconnect cables have nothing to with the device receiving power. Different lightning connectors have been tested, so it doesn't seem to be a lightning connector issue. I have tried putting it into the comp and the adapter and on both accounts, no avail. It must be a hardware problem. Could anyone please give me insight as to what components are responsible for delivering power to the phone? Does anyone have a knowledge as to where the inductors are located? May Jesus bless you and thank you for your time.

Edited by: twisir22 ( )

0

paulinsight
1

If you haven't done this as yet, try holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button both at the same time for around 15 seconds.

I tried a soft/hard reset already. Thanks for your reply.

twisir22,

0

Wisdom Banks
73

Open your phone and take out the battery . Use at least five volts of power to kick the battery for about 2 minutes. Connect the positive to the the first terminal( the contact near the dock) and the negative to the third terminal or the last which is the ground . Connect back and power on, it's should indicate low battery. You should now be able to charge.

I tried it and no avail. The battery seems to be receiving charge but my charger seems to be outputting an insufficient amount of voltage so this process might take longer.

twisir22,

0

Natalie
1

might need a new lightning port charger. also, try removing the battery and then connecting it to itunes. if itunes recognizes it, it's not the port charger.

www.liljohnnyappleseed.com

0

mayer
296k
MacHale Enterprises

Please - Check your serial number here to see if it qualifies for the Battery Replacement Program:

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-ba...

0

thanknameless
1

Can we Oder a battery of iphone 5 ?

0

twisir22
1

I sold it guys. It looks like it was water damaged.